Teen Justice Comic (my commentary)

Dedicated to the actual superhero game I am running

Moderator: Joshua

misfit
Raving Mad

Teen Justice Comic (my commentary)

Post by misfit »

So, for those of you don't know how the names match, I'm playing the soon-to-be-renamed Syn-60. He will be choosing a hero name and a mundane name fairly soon.

One thing I keep forgetting to mention in game is his physical description, so here it is: He appears to be about 15-16 years old (due to the accelerated growth process). He has a "swimmer's build" and clearly his muscles have been toned, so he looks like a very fit teenager. He has fair skin, short cropped red hair and green eyes (all traits that come from Angel's side of the gene mix). His jaw and nose are very clearly from Shift's side of the gene mix. Anyone looking at him will definitely see the resemble to both.

Having left the lab with only the speedo he was "born" in, the JU team gave him an outfit for his testing period. He's added goggles (that don't do anything special...at least not yet) and a belt full of pouches for tools (and snacks and gatorade as well). The outfit in question looks like this:

I do plan on giving him a new outfit as time goes on, but right now he hasn't had time to develop any taste in clothing so one set is as good as another.
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: Teen Justice Comic (my commentary)

Post by misfit »

Quick updates: He has chosen "Retrofit" as his superhero name mainly because that seems to be what everyone expects from him. Also a mundane identity was created for him. Not having enough of a frame of reference he had no preference on names. After debate, the rest of the group settled on Todd Rascal for him. (Rascal being Angel's family name).

So, a bit of follow up on the episode Sentience.

Previous to getting the ship, Retrofit has been working on the, participating in various training and what little down time he has is spent studying. He has very much been in "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" mode. The addition of the ship and the need to repair that increased his workload even more. He was handled damaged alien technology and told to make it work. Since none of the JU were familiar with the tech either, Retro turned to the only teacher he could think of: the ship's computer. He created a device that would allow him to interface with it so he could learn how the systems were meant to work, operating parameters, etc. Unfortunately the ship's AI was a bit more formidable than he bargained for. The ship captured him and turned his own device against him so that the drone it created had access to his knowledge as well. He remained aware of what the drone was doing, and managed to seize control of it just long enough to free Magic Lad.

So, we was pulled out of a pod and had a neural link abruptly ended twice now. One wonders what effect that could have on his nervous system.

During the talk on the matter of sentience and the fate of the AI he stayed quiet to observe. He thought that their reactions to the AI would give him some insight as to how the rest of the group views him. The results of that were not very pretty, but oddly slightly better than he had expected.

During his next bit of down time he's planning to hunt down Plasto to have a private talk about what it means to be a technological construct in a world of humans.

I'm not sure what the GM thinks about that last part, but I kinda suspect he may come out of that with a reading list...whether Plasto recommends them or he finds them himself. I keep having this image of someone (probably Angel) yelling, "You let him read Frankenstein? You think he's ready for that? Are you crazy?" :lol: :lol: :lol: However it happens, it will probably be "off screen". I'll try to remember to build on that in my next update.