Dedicated to the actual superhero game I am running

Moderator: Joshua

Joshua
Gibbering

Teen Justice Creation and Board Rules

Post by Joshua »

Character Creation Rules:
Premise: Young Justice / Junior Justice League / Shadow of Bigger Heroes
Characters are ex-sidekicks or similar junior level heroes. You don't have to be a teenager, but that is encouraged. Do not take the Young flaw (please...)
Your mentor / Hero is probably a member of Justice United, the Justice League equivalent. They are not sure you're ready to be on your own at game start. Part of the game is impressing on them that you are ready to be a full fledged hero.
The game will be mostly serious... And the more hooks you can give me in your background the better I can tie it into the game.
You may want to watch Young Justice on netflix for an idea of what I'm aiming for. I am planning on ripping off the opening game from that.

Rules-set: Savage Worlds: Deluxe Explorer's Edition + Super Powers Companion (2nd ed)
  • Power Level: Four-Color - 20 Power Points (With Free Arcane Background: Super Powers)
  • Rising Stars: 20 Power points + 5 automatic points per Rank (The automatic aspect is a change from the book)
  • One Edge May be spent on Power Points for 5 extra points.
  • Super Karma: An extra Major Hinderance may be taken for 10 additional Power Points. If you do so, it is recommended you take some kind of superhero weakness (like Kryptonite or similar)
  • Not sure if this is a typo, but per default the max points that can be spent in one power is 15. If you take "the Best there is" Edge, this raises to 23.
  • Shadow of Greatness: You are required to take an extra hinderance related to your mentor, this gives you 5 points of headquarters.
  • Advancement: A single advancement can be used to buy 2 new skills at d4. This makes a 'new skill' the equivalent to raising a skill that's less than the attribute. As such, it may be mixed: one new skill and one raise of a skill less than an attribute.
Last edited by Joshua on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: Teen Justice Creation and Board Rules

Post by Joshua »

Board Rules and Use:
This board represents things about my tabletop game. Any discussion about rules or ideas of what you want to do are fine. Any character information posted here did, in fact, come up in game and is cannon for the game. If you wish to post a writeup of your backstory or of a character encountered, feel free to do so. Think of this board as a wiki for the game. It's nice to have that information in one place, especially if there are aspects or details you don't want to forget and don't want me to forget.