New Elysium

Rumor and discourse among the court of Rochester
Forum rules
If your username is not your character name, sign your posts.
Michael
Needs a Guide

New Elysium

Post by Michael »

So, The Keeper Martin mentioned that he felt City Hall was a bad place to hold court. with that I have found a small Dance studio out of the way, that might work for us. (OOC its dance encounters, thought that it would be a great way to have game were we have game!)

Sol
Mehket Prisci
The Sanguine Scribe of Terror
Slayer of the Sidewinder
duncan
Needs a Guide

Re: New Elysium

Post by duncan »

Is that going to be declared elysium as well?

Spazzzzzz
Michael
Needs a Guide

Post by Michael »

I don't know Spazzzzz, your the first to mention it ...
jaf
Mostly Sane

Post by jaf »

I believe it is the masters of Elysiums call, it is to ensure protection and security to the new kindred of the city as well as all of us. I walked close from that place the other night, it seemed a fine location, considering the circumstance, of course if you disregard the poor decoration or lack of color of the building and its monotony is still a pretty good place.
Lafayette D'Mascar
Ventrue
Benabik
Sane. VERY Sane.

Post by Benabik »

Dear Sirs and Madams:

I would, of course, recommend that court always be held in a location declared to be Elysium. It helps ease tensions and hold the beast at bay. However, it is up to the Prince or his Seneschal to decide if they wish to call for people to meet on a place of peace. If they decide not to invoke the ancient protections for court, I will set aside some nearby space for neutral ground myself.

I would also advise that this studio, while itself little noticed at the times we traditionally meet, is literally surrounded by living quarters of the kine. If we do meet there effort will need to be taken to keep our comings and goings discreet.

Respectfully Yours,

[Signed]

Martin Chicatchik
Keeper of Elysium
Untamed Adept of the Curse

[OOC: For those who haven't noticed, the upper floors of that building are used as apartments.]
Marcus
Mostly Sane

Post by Marcus »

This is bound to be an unpopular suggestion. Then again most of my suggestions are unpopular.

In light of the fact that we cannot find a suitable place for court and that, more importantly, the last two places declared elysium turned out to be decidedly unsafe, might I suggest a more modern alternative. With the proper resources I and any other Kindred who wishes to assist, can set up a secure VPN where we can have a secure video conference. We can have court while everyone sits comfortably in their haven. This also has the benefit of removing the threat of an attack from VII or the Brood as well as exposing their attempts to track our movements. We'll need about $2,000,000 as well as some considerable man power but it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to get up and running and we can include an SMS server to route texts securely.

Think on it.

Viele Grusse,

Kristoff Kliene
jaf
Mostly Sane

Post by jaf »

Dear Kindred of Rochester:
If its security the issue, then there can not be a safe place in the city where these kindred are lurking. Though if you like i have an idea to secure entry to any Elysium chosen, but it is a trust issue that will arrise. I hold a power that can negate peoples entry to a place, much like the prince and the master of elysium showed us a few month ago. As i said before i can ensure the security of traspasers in this fashion, though it will confind the kindred inside. This would seem to be a confinment , a prison if you will, on Elysium I will always ensure a "back door" if an emergency would arrise.

Master of Elysium, Martin:
I leave the decision to you. If you remember my abilities as i showed you a few nights ago, these abilities are at your disposal, if you so ask of me. Please let me know if you are interest in my offer to help your troubles. As I've done before and will continue doing these task to help the city, if requested.

Sincerely,

Lafayette D'MAscar
duncan
Needs a Guide

Post by duncan »

Oh yeah, I trust that about as far as I can throw it. Not that I would know exactly how a "secure video conference in a secure VPN" would work, but wouldn't it all be, like, blurry? Plus, I'm not trustin' noone to come set one of these things up in my haven. Also, if our enemies find out what we are doing, and break into our system somehow, being separated each kin is weaker than the whole.

On the plus side, I wouldn't have to put on pants in the evenin'.

Spazzzzz
Michael
Needs a Guide

Post by Michael »

well,
I assume that tomorrows court will be at City Hall. Give me a few weeks to do some more to the Studio, and with Martins and Nikolai's approval. we might have a new Elysium.

Sol,