Court of Owls

A new LARP in Rochester? Discuss.

Moderator: Joshua

Joshua
Gibbering

Court of Owls

Post by Joshua »

So, I think it's fairly safe to state that the City Killer was the (figurative) Mother of All Strix. Which, might allow for some interesting plot with these new and... well... slightly overpowered enemies.

Unfortunately, I am drawing a near-complete blank for what a good (read: interesting) plot might involve.

For example:
In Buffalo, it's possible Peter is a Strix... And his "beast" is the final-frenzied original Peter. This is kind of a neat idea, but... it doesn't go anywhere.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: Court of Owls

Post by Joshua »

"Are the Vorlons or the Shadows the good guys?"
"I think they're defined by their question."

Thank you Brian(?) for saying this long ago.

"Are you still human?": The Strix are the question. Sure, they have individual agendas and personality, but they ask the question of each vampire / each vampire's beast: "Are you still human?"

The strix STRONGLY come down on the side of No. As does anyone with Ordo Mysteries, or who regularly uses powers... or... such. The julii were destroyed because they attempted to be both monster and man, or monstrous humans.

If the plot with Peter works out, then the Strix is there because Peter, in the last throes before final-frenzy declared that he was human.

That makes more sense now... Any thoughts?