Lunatic

Name:
  • Inali Greysong
High Concept:
Trouble:
  • Too Stubborn(ly Loyal) for Her Own Good
Background:
  • "I'm not a wizard, see? My gadgets like me!"
    The child of a Cherokee archaeologist and a well-to-do Japanese immigrant, Inali grew up in a multicultural household that was well-off even for Silicon Valley. The combination of two different cultures, along with the technology-oriented mindset of the region, combined in a potent mix for Inali, who learned to type before she could write legibly. Magic runs in both sides of her family, so it wasn't too surprising when she began to manifest talents of her own upon reaching puberty. What was and is unusual is that not only do they not interfere with modern technology but in fact work with it and may even be continuing to grow.
Rising Conflict:
  • Tail Mail
    After graduating from high school two years early, Inali took a year off before college to go visit Japan and her mother's kin. Her mothers close friends-among-family welcomed her with open arms, but others of her extended family were not so approving. Away from familiar territory, called half-breed, Inali managed to prove herself worthy of the family's honor. A few hold-outs still resent her existence but the visit gained her an international family network and friends in what can end up being the oddest of places.
First Adventure:
  • Thunderbird's Feather in "The Other Shapeshifter" starring Inali, guest stars Matthew and David
    Inali went out into the wilds of the reactor blast zone to go through a coming-of-age ceremony, but her solitude was interrupted when she stumbled across a shaman (tribe unknown at this point) who was badly wounded. After some confusion as to identities, the dying shaman asked Inali to finish his task and defeat the fledgling skinwalker he had been tracking. With some effort, clever trickery, and no small amount of luck Inali and her unexpected ally trick the guards around the reactor itself into reacting to skinwalker as if it were a terrorist threat.
Other Adventures:
  • Technosamurai, Code of Heyoka in "Uncommon Cold" starring Ryan, guest stars Inali and Sam
    Inali was leaving school late, having stayed after to help tutor some freshmen in Japanese, when she realized some students were being chased by a troll. A quick txt to her mother resulted in a promise of help on the way, and Inali then went in search of the hunting fae. Along the way she encountered Ryan's "pet" raccoon spirit and convinced it to get his human's steel suit involved. A combination of glamours and invisibility and a confusing set of hallway intersections detoured the troll down the wrong hallway long enough for Ryan to distract the troll.
  • Cheshire Kitsune in "Escape from Alcatraz" starring Sam, guest stars Inali and David
    An otherwise ordinary trip to Alcatraz Island turned anything but when Inali is dragged off the main tour route by Sam and David. Apparently they'd stumbled across a ghost who was trapped on the island and needed help being sneaky. Inali hid the trio under her invisibility to sneak into the necromancer's lair to retrieve the ghost's fetter, since they couldn't be sure the necromancer in fact wasn't home at the time. Said necromancer showed up while Sam and David were getting the Warden, but Inali kept him distracted with pranks long enough to prevent his escape.

Last edited by Veyska on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Inali Greysong
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:33 pm 
Lunatic

Trouble aspect changed from Child of (Too) Many Worlds to Too Stubborn(ly Loyal) for Her Own Good after the fracas with the Red Court bombing the college. Kitsune are not known for half measures when they get pissed off. Just forgot to update this here, I blame QuickTime wiping my Firefox browsing session for the latter half of the not-updating time period. *cough*

Post subject: Re: Inali Greysong
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:09 pm 
Lunatic

Cheshire Kitsune aspect shuffled from "Uncommon Cold" to "Escape from Alcatraz", replaced with Technosamurai, Code of Heyoka (though phrasing of that one may be tweaked slightly). Inali's forging her own path, hodgepodge-ing samurai defend-stuff with kitsune prankster-ness and Native American heyoka-karma-boomerang-osity... :-P