Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Continued from Chapter XV.

Looks like this group consists of Stewart, Aurora, Luma (who still isn't there), Kailyn, Eenyrl, and two rats.

The first order of business, of course, is to figure out where Cass might possibly be. Kailyn actually has something to say on that topic: "When Gregor asked Artemis about how to find Cass, he was told 'Catian'. I don't know what that means, but it's something to start with, at least."

(OOC: Catian is a small kingdom, far to the west of your current location. It's the kingdom Lauren Greywind is from. There's also some information about it in the entry on its capital, Greenspring.)

Last edited by Wyvern on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:15 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart ponders for a moment, ear twitching, before smoothing down his fur and saying, "Well, the best I can do there is return to my tower and search for references to teleport to. No idea what Cass would be doing there, or a good way to find her in those mountains. But it's easier to start from nearby than out here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:42 pm 
Lunatic

"I've likely even less idea as to why... I could get us in the general vicinity of a given destination, especially one so broad as an entire country, but some knowledge of what we may be walking into would be no bad thing."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:30 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"The easiest way to find out what's going on there is to show up, unfortunately. And if you can take us there without further research, we should head out."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:18 am 
Lunatic

"Is Luma around nearby?" After asking this, with no real delay to wait for a response, Aurora quickly explains the requirements and means of functioning of her shadow-walking spell to Kailyn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:37 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"She's definitely around, although I'm not sure how close. I'll see if she'll show back up, or I can just relay questions to her." Stewart ponders for a moment. "Actually, I'll tell her we're going to shift back to my tower. We can spend a little bit looking for teleport references and even if I don't find any, we can go back to Dornsby and not have lost any time, as it's on the way."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:37 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

It takes Luma only about a minute to show up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:58 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart has everyone round up into a circle and teleports* everyone to a grassy courtyard under a blue sky. A small tower rises up from one edge of the courtyard, and the only door in the wall leads into it. Outside the walls is a hazy view of the city of Targrove.

"I'll look through the library for information on Catian, specificially how to get the easily. Anywhere you're not supposed to go has a locked door, and if you go into the tower and all the way down you'll find the door into Targrove." And with that, he heads into the tower.
_____

* Anyone with the right skills recognizes planeshift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:57 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

You're in luck - the Keep at Greenspring is a marvel of magical architecture, and there are numerous descriptions of it; you can easily teleport there. Or, assuming that actually showing up on the castle grounds might be viewed with some disapproval, you can easily teleport into mid-air above it.

Of course, it does take a few minutes to find these references, and by that time Kailyn has already headed out into the city to make a few purchases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:42 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart walks back to the courtyard, flipping through more books. "I found something, although teleporting into their castle is likely to be considered unfriendly. It would help if you had a way to make all of us fly.

"I'll keep looking until Kailyn gets back. In the meantime, I'd suggest looking through my library. It does have a variety of books on the Plane of Shadows and various sources of magic. It probably has something you'd find interesting or useful." Barring any reply, he resumes wondering through his tower, alternating between finding books and snacks.