Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:12 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"What is it like to be alive? Perhaps you should ask a philosopher; I have not had the time to ponder such questions."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:36 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"So, what are you doing here? Did you hear about the battle with the orcs?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:13 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"The minions of Lillith? Yes. As for my purpose here... Ah, good timing." Null flits casually a few feet to the left - just in time to avoid Mirri's diving charge.

"Stay back, Ametrine! It's dangerous!" she calls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:24 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine takes the opportunity to study both combatants. One is a ailurus paladin wearing armor. The other is a dead dragon.

"No it's not." Ametrine concludes. "Also, Null's my friend! Don't hurt him!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:53 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Oh, great," mutters Mirri. "Charmed."

Null grins. "You want to fight me? Take your best shot, then!"
It rears up on its hind legs, wings outspread. The air is notably colder, now, and you can see frost forming on the ground beneath the dracolich.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:25 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I'm not charmed!" Ametrine begins indignantly, then thinks about it. "Well, I guess I could be."

Just in case, Ametrine dispels any magical effects on himself. "There! That should show you that I'm not!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:44 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

If you were charmed, you failed to dispel it.

Mirri takes advantage of your distraction to launch another attack at Null. Though, to be fair, it's good odds that's what she would have done even if you weren't distracted.

Null doesn't dodge this time, instead holding up one tiny paw in the path of the lance. A black aura crackles silently around the dracolich, and the sense of cold and impending doom intensifies.

If you want to try and head off this impact, you've got about two seconds in which to do something potentially suicidal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:16 am 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine considers several suicidal options, and finally settles on physical interdiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:02 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

While it's possible to get inbetween the two of them, it turns out to not be possible for a creature of your mass to actually stop a mechanical gryphon in full charge. Clearly you needed a longer run at it.

And thus the three of you (and Scrit and Mirri) collide with Null at very nearly full speed. The result is an explosion of black lightning, inflicting near-crippling weakness on everything nearby. Well, near-crippling for you; Mirri, who is wearing armor and carrying a fair amount of weight in weapons, falls off Scrit, unable to move.

Scrit, of course, is completely unaffected, and turns around for another pass - though it's not clear whether this is an attack run or a rescue attempt.

"Is that all you've got?" asks Null. "You're not even worth the time to kill. At least the last fool managed to injure me. You'll find his remains in sunset peak to the west of here; don't bother looking for me until you're at least that well equipped."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:14 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"So," says a weaker Ametrine, "could we continue our conversation somewhere else?"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next