Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 20 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:02 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora glances up at the ship, down at the fire and at Stewart and Luma, and then at the downward floating mage. She shrugs. Perhaps the two ground-bound feline can handle the mage, perhaps not. She, however, is getting bored. Thus, Aurora positions herself carefully and opens fire. A smoky sphere of energy, barely distinguishable from the smoke billowing from the fire, streaks towards the descending Tavinoy. With luck, it will redirect his fall towards a still-live section of fire not too far from Luma and Stewart. If not, she'll just have to shoot him again. Horrors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:32 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Huh. Seems like the likely cause of the fireballs... And under attack. Since he just tried to incinerate me, I don't feel much compassion for him..." Stewart points and orders his invisible construct, "Attack that mage."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:02 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Aurora & Stewart:

The featherfall spell is designed to counteract gravity - not gravity plus magical kinetic impact. The mage slams into one of the burning sections of the mansion with a satisfying crunch as the roof gives way underneath him. Still, he doesn't look all that badly injured by the impact - and doesn't seem bothered by the fire, either.

What does bother him, though, is the sight of the opponents arrayed against him down here. Particularly Aurora, for some reason.
"You! You're supposed to be dead! By Bahamut's blade - I'm not prepared for this fight again." And, with a somewhat panicked expression, he teleports away.

"Aw," Luma mutters, "My counterspell didn't work."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:12 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Awh, he vanished before my construct could try to eat him. Oh, well." He sighs and begins walking downstairs to the edge of the fire. "Let's do this a possibly easier way...."

Once at the edge of the fire, he creates a heap of metal at his feet, reaching nearly as tall as he is. That done, he concentrates on it and it starts thinning and pouring off into a large sheet, covering the fires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:18 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora hovers for a moment, fading back into invisibility instinctively. She murmurs, "There a timeline on when an airship is needed?" to Null staring up at the floating craft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:30 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Aurora:
"Not as such; there are other tasks that can be completed without one. This merely seemed a convenient time for such an acquisition."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:54 pm 
Lunatic

"I doubt Twill would let me just waltz off with it just now and there's something that I'd like to investigate myself in the meantime." With that, Aurora drifts down towards where Stewart is working. She fades back into visibility off to the side, waiting but clearly restless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:01 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

After a few moments of adjusting the fit of the metallic blanket to the castle, Stewart will turn to Aurora. "Well, that should dampen the flames significantly... Is there something else exploding now?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:03 pm 
Lunatic

"Not physically no, unless Twill and Lauren have managed to crash the airship. Earlier when you said mental surgery was not your area of expertise, did you mean that you had no skill at all or that you weren't an expert?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:16 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"I actually don't have any easily accessible powers to do such. Reality Revision could be used, but that's a little brute force. I've run across some indications that interesting things could be done via the plane of dreams, but that's dicey at best..." Stewart seems lost in thought for a moment before catching himself. "Mostly, I meant that I'm not a Telepath. My powers stem from Nemiriya's realm, and as such the possibility to do such things exist. But I prefer the manipulation of ectoplasm."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 20 Next