Arglerazalrasfalsdf

Random discussion, related to the game, but not really of a rules nature.
Draylen
Lunatic

Arglerazalrasfalsdf

Post by Draylen »

I'm so sorry guys. I didn't mean to die abruptly. My life's been kinda hectic - Joshua knows about it, but still, it's been really bad. I'm not sure it's going to cool off sometime in the near future. I like Aibne, and I think he has potential, but he doesn't have anything /really/ active right now... so... I'd like to ask this for everyone. My ability to continue playing in this game is very uncertain at this point. Should I retire him? He's a lot of fun, but right now, as things stand, I can't play him with the frequency that keeping up with things would need, and I don't know when that'll be, unfortunately. What do you guys think?
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: Arglerazalrasfalsdf

Post by Wyvern »

Hm... if it's a better fit for your schedule, perhaps you could retire Aibne from direct play on the forum, and run scenes with him over chat programs when you have a chunk of time available? If you decide to go with this option, I'm willing to volunteer for taking chat transcripts and converting them into forum posts.

The other obvious option is to pull him a bit further into the background, ala LARP characters that don't show up to game but play by write-up.

I'd kinda hate to see him up and vanish semi-permanently the way Benabik has, but... that's probably a better choice than trying to continue to play as if everything were normal.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Re: Arglerazalrasfalsdf

Post by Spellbinder »

You could have Aibne go off into shadow on some quest of his own. You could post a few paragraphs to tell at least the highlights here and there when you have time. If you can't keep up with all of the reading that's actually appropriate since Aibne wouldn't be following everything going on. When you have time again, Aibne can come back and we can fill him in on the highlights. That way you at least still have the proverbial toe in and can do what you can when you can without holding anyone else up.

The important thing is take care of yourself. We'll be here when life gets better again.