Little Tir-Na Nog'th / Faetown

Random discussion, related to the game, but not really of a rules nature.
Joshua
Gibbering

Little Tir-Na Nog'th / Faetown

Post by Joshua »

So.... Any ideas for the fae / seelie quarters of the city? As a reminder, since Tir-Na Nog'th vanishes during the day, the fae can't actually live there. So, there must be some sort of ethic quarters in the city for them.
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: Little Tir-Na Nog'th / Faetown

Post by misfit »

My assumption on this is that the early fae grabbed a section of the city (since it was never mentioned that they had a place outside). I would imagine a mishmash of architectural styles...but you'd get that anywhere in the city since you have people coming from so many other cultures. I also assume there would be some areas kept as garden or borderline wild for some of the fae. Granted there are probably a fair number that live outside the city just because they don't like human cities and possibly the amount of refined metal laying about.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

I'd figure it's just as likely that there IS no Faetown on the material world. There might be small and scattered communities here and there, but it's even odds that they'd just mingle invisibly with everyone else, especially the 'prettier' ones, the Great Fae, the Fair Folk, et cetera. A lot of the rest are probably living in the woods, not in the town - the dryads, pixies, minor faeries, et cetera. I'd also be amazed if Castle Amber wasn't employing a small host of brownies - they're cheap (seriously, a saucer of milk), efficient workers, and they're able at a vast variety of tasks. All of which would need to be done as nearly invisibly as possible.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Meetings and Reflections did mention there was not an official place.

As a reminder, most NPCs are shadows of some pc. So, Tir'Na has a lot of elves (Darnell), noble fae (Ossian), and magic talking animals (Harrune/Asai). Magic talking animals include things like trickster spirits, sphinxes, as well as simple sentient cats, dogs etc...

So, perhaps several small places? Major ones might be:
  • Harrune's Cani Longhouse: In the city somewhere? Possibly in an animal-town?
  • A few square blocks somewhere for city elves, or possible a small group in the trees*.
  • Some fae who live largely in the forest. Some (Like the Satyrs or Hern) actually stay in Ht'Gon when they come out of the forest*.
  • And of course, scattered individuals. Like the Tanooki who plays Go...
*: Remember, the forest of Adren is DANGEROUS. With powerful monsters in it. I should probably have one attack the city at some point.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Well, there's Fae, and there's "fae"; the former - people like Ossian - are eldritch creatures. The latter - people like (I presume) Darnell, and now Rasanam, are really just ordinary people that feel more kinship with humans than they would with dryads or satyrs or the like. If not for its "humans only" restriction, Rasanam might well have gone with Amber instead of Tir'na Nog'th.

So I'd suggest that there's a "fae-town" section of the city that caters primarily to those affiliated with Tir'na that don't have inherent magical abilities. This would probably include Cani (and other animal-people), elves, maybe some halflings and gnomes... If possible (not sure on geography of city), I'd probably actually put it as facing the bay (I assume there's a bay?) but not generally considered part of the docks proper - maybe this particular chunk of land was too hilly? (Like some of the areas around the SF Bay, where the "sidewalks" are staircases...)