NPC Idea Request

Random discussion, related to the game, but not really of a rules nature.
Joshua
Gibbering

NPC Idea Request

Post by Joshua »

So, I want some better ideas for Rebma's military elite. Or military elite for anywhere, but Rebma is the one that's most needed right now.

Note: For Castle Amber, Will, Rolf and Richard at the elite of the elite, and have mostly knights underneath them.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: NPC Idea Request

Post by Wyvern »

Well, we already have Corystes; presumably she's not entirely unique, and there are others of her kind around (though of lesser skill / ability).

For actual military, I'd think there should be at least one merrow or scrag around, as well as a few sahuagin.

For plainclothes elite, I'd favor aquatic elves, and maybe a few sirens - the latter seeming to be one of the more common races in Rebma, or at least one that's shown up in-game a lot.

So, probably the top three are Ashara (sorcerer), Corystes (ranger / free-range troubleshooter), and a merrow or scrag (thug / brute, probably patrols the docks?), with most of the troops under them being lightly armored ranger types.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

So, it seems like the Shadow Striders are the big security of Ht'Gon. Or at least, the ones called in for 'honor guard'. My thought is that they are the only major military aspect that isn't aligned with one faction or the other. So, any joint event that contains both dwarves and orcs gets them.

Beyond that, not sure.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Ht'Gon has three or four other major mercenaries. The two major ones of note are the Silver Plates, which are Morek's personal guard and also do the whole Templar thing, and the Brass Knuckles, which are predominantly-orc... sort-of Police force, being the more brutal portions of it. They're largely comprised of neutral-to-bad cops, if you will.

Beyond that, there's the Alchemist Task Force, which is largely gnomes and goblins and is part guild, part merc, and the Stalwarts, which are... kinda sorta not exactly the 'royal guard' of Ht'gon, such as it is. They're kinda sorta Secret Service for a group of people who don't strictly need it, so their numbers are really small right now. By 'really small' I mean probably three trolls and maybe an orc, an dthat's it. They'll grow eventually, especially when little baby amberites start happening, but... that could be some time. Their other significant function would probably be something like anti-paparazzi, which also isn't a huge thing yet. Yet.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Oh, and I seem to remember at least one ninja goblin. Not quite sure where he fits in, but I'm sure he's not alone.