07.13f: Meet and Greet

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.13f: Meet and Greet

Post by misfit »

Harrune cocks his head. "Guides? No, one guides us, except perhaps the Pattern itself. A guide, I think, would be more of a hindrance than a help. I think that...yes, I think a guide would distract one from the path and making a misstep more likely. One has to walk for oneself. ...or I supposed that's not entirely true, is it? Krajk seems to have proven otherwise. To the best of my knowledge Kokytos has not regained consciousness and no knows if he will. His mind or spirit, or both, may have been destroyed." Harrune sighs. "There is still so much we don't know."

"Hmmm...that's an interesting thought. That might explain a bit about Dworkin. He knows more and could teach us if he chose, but he prefers that we seek the answers ourselves. Perhaps he is rejecting the idea of guides and built that into the Pattern. He drew the Patterns so it would make sense that they reflect him, at least in part."

Harrune rubs his temples. "He does make my head hurt some times."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"That is problematic. Perhaps, we would find more information from Kokytos? Surely there are ways to tell if he is still inside his body." Odin will state. "My ability to sense and understand is limited where true power touches. Surely you have some method? The chaos power does have a part you can look through, is there some similarity with Pattern?"
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune ponders for a moment. "Yes, I think there might be a way...or perhaps several ways. I'm not used to thinking like a healer. Hmmm...yes, several possibilities. I really should head down there in the morning and see what I can do. I should have by now. Things have been so hectic that I haven't even thought about trying to help him." Harrune cocks his head. "Unless it's better to leave him the way he is. It might be easier that way. He could cause us a lot of trouble. And it would put off the question of his status as an Amberite."

"As for the Pattern, yes there is a way to look through the Pattern but you have to be standing at the center. It means facing the strain of a walk and one can't stay there long. If there is another way, we haven't found it yet. You must remember that we are all still very new to this and we have much left to explore."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, you have offered more than I could expect. It is strange. Looking through the power is the first thing we learn*. You have to invoke it to use it. I get the impression you don't invoke yours quite the same way." Odin will shrug. "Perhaps it's closer to our shapeshifting. As something you are, instead of something you use. There is a lot that would assist with."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Perhaps that is the way of it. Your people have had much longer to learn the scope of their power and, I would assume, have people who can teach you. We, on the other hand, are all still very new to this. Dworkin is largely leaving us to figure things out for ourselves."

"Some people see that as Dworkin being somewhat...cruel? Sadistic? But don't children often see their parents so? The child lacks the knowledge and sophistication to understand the world as their parent does. It takes the child time to learn and develop before they can converse on the same level. I think we are experiencing something similar to that here. He doesn't know how to explain complex concepts in 'baby talk' so people see him as cryptic. Well, maybe I am mistaken, but that's how I see it. Perhaps that's why I seem to get along better with him than most."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune feels something poking at his psyche. The looks to Odin. "If you will forgive me for a moment? A matter of state. It should be brief."

He closes his eyes and opens his mind to receive a trump call.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will nod and wait patiently (where he observes the riddle) blinking a little at the responses and the rest. When Harrune is done. "It seems there are things transpiring. It occurs to me there are powers and landmarks that you do not have here." he will pause for a moment, "At least some of you have heard of the Abyss."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune smiles. "There are always things transpiring here. The sudden influx of newcomers it just taking that to a higher level. I fear I shall have to leave you soon to address one or more of those. I apologize, but I'm sure that you understand."

Harrune scratches his ear. "Abyss? I believe I have heard the term mentioned in passing before, but I cannot say that I know anything about it. Your tone makes me think that is yet another thing I need to learn about. I have never considered my learned, but lately each passing day, and sometimes each hour, serves to make me feel more ignorant. No doubt this is one of those things that one is likely to never fully understand. I don't suppose a quick description of the basic aspects would be possible?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"The Abyss is all things that do not exist. Some items are easier to extract then others. Sometimes, things cannot exist, so they cannot be removed. Time doesn't quite exist there, so those who go in have to be careful about how much they take with them. Uh, my clan isn't... that familiar with it. Although, it does form a defensive moat around our greater power." Odin will think. "That's the basics anyhow."

Time-wise, this is a little before Cameron enters, due to the timing* of the trump call. He is willing to go back and forth about the abyss a little, but there's a clan that deals with it more directly, and he's a member of a different one. (specifics can be added later.)

He will pause a little and watch as Cameron enters. "Uh, did you need to attend to that? I'm not sure if I would be valuable..."
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Looks like Aibne is trying to find Odin... want to do that here or in another thread?)