07.11c: Into the Woods

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

07.11c: Into the Woods

Post by Rasanam »

After their visit to faetown, Rasanam and Lyra head to meet up with Odin and Krajk for their planned exploratory trip into the forest.

Rasanam is still (or perhaps again) in his armored drake form; the form offers superior mobility - and, perhaps more importantly given the reports of monsters in the forest - a significant amount of armor.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.11c: Into the Woods

Post by Joshua »

Odin will meet you just outside of Ht'Gon. He's carrying a basic spear over his shoulder, and has one of those blood-red hawks on his shoulder. "Good to see you, so, what is the plan for the day?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Head more or less that way," Rasanam gestures, "see what we find. And, if we get far enough from the city, demonstrate a bit more of what Pattern can do."
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

Krajk follows not too far behind Odin and is rather more heavily armed, though he somehow manages to avoid the impression of being excessively so. In addition to his current usual axes he's sporting a chunky crossbow*, a couple of javelins in a sheathe along his back. The machete crosswise with the javelin quiver somehow manages to seem almost distressingly mundane despite being just as suited to mayhem as any of the other weapon's he's sporting. A few dagger hilts can be seen here and there, most prominently tucked into his boots, but in all honesty on Krajk those are even less notable than the color of his shirt despite it being almost entirely hidden by his customary chain hauberk.

(*Still not as fast as a bow, but he's got the strength to minimize that disadvantage more than one might expect - he specifically picked one that he can draw with one hand.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin sets his bird to scout... "So, we also talked about information of my homeland. I've mentioned it's ancient and powerful. Although definitely a different type of power then we see here." He will shrug. "I could go into the fanfare and culture, if you're interested in a million years of fashion and courts. But none of that gets to the core of what's there. Just a facade that is worn as the noble families battle for supremacy. What sets us apart, is the transfer of power. I think I've mentioned it before though... It would be as if only one court could hold the power of pattern at a time, and that court changed. Still, I get the impression you do not understand the god-like power you have."
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven arrives, not quite at the last minute, but close. "Oh good. I made it in time. I hope you don't mind if I tag along."

Responding to Odin: "I'm not really that powerful." Judging by his expression, it's doubtful even the Raven believed that.

* - The Raven is not (obviously) armed. He's also a Raven. Maybe he plans to peck out the eyes of any monsters he encounters or something.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra is in her typical hybrid Shadow dragon form though for this excursion she is wearing elegant black metal plate mail for additional protection. A moments observation by anyone attentive will reveal the strange quality that, even in bright daylight, the metal reflects none of the light that strikes it. Despite being quite form-fitting, the metal doesn't seem to hinder her movement in any way. Its style is clearly Elven but with a draconic design element, having an almost invisible scale pattern is etched into most of the plates. Subtle graceful lines of sIlver inlay further prove the exceptional craftsmanship.

Lyra welcomes their new arrival before responding to Odin. "I think We understand this power to varying degrees. I'm a ways from fully understanding my own. It's a new and unusual gift that is taking some time to get used to."
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

A crash of branches resounds from deep within the forest.
The interspersed noise is clearly getting closer as it barges through brush and bracken, and moving at appreciable speed.
Last edited by kitsunenotsume on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: My guess is they're still a bit out as people enter the woods.)

Odin will head into the woods, although, he's willing to let the others choose the path. Near to Ht'Gon is mostly rolling hills at the foot of the mountain. There's a valley to the 'south'* where teh stream is, or you can head away from the shore to the wild mountains.

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam's earlier indication of direction was not, actually, at random - he's done a bit of asking around about what's out there, and picked a path that he thinks is likely to be "interesting". Which probably means south, towards the stream, but also angling a bit away from the shore. Regardless, he's perfectly willing to take the lead unless someone else has some specific goal in mind.

"You are, of course, correct that we don't understand Pattern yet." he replies to Odin. "Indeed, I'd not be surprised to find that Dworkin doesn't fully understand it, though he's certainly several steps ahead of the rest of us. Still, we're working on that, and knowledge of what has come before does help; the... demonstration I made yesterday, for example: I would not have even considered the notion of trying to use it as a defense if Alys hadn't suggested it."

As the crashing noise further into the woods becomes more obvious, Rasanam will look at Odin's blood bird, and ask, "Can you get a better view of what's causing that?"