07.11c: Into the Woods

The goings on of courts
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Re: 07.11c: Into the Woods

Post by Krajk »

There is the sound of a surprised curse being swallowed half-finished from where Krajk had drifted with the flow of combat, and then silence. A few moments later he resurfaces* right by the docks, having apparently crossed the entire intervening distance in a single breath. He brushes a few stray tendrils of dripping hair out of his face and gives Caelund a sardonic look. "A moment's warning next time you try and set everything on fire, if you would... Attempting not to cough underwater is mildly annoying." Despite this, and the patches of faintly pinked skin where presumably there was soot before his submersion, he doesn't actually seem particularly bothered about having been caught on the edges of the explosion; he actually spends more time making sure none of his gear got scorched than he does on himself.

(*Too shallow for shark, but not too shallow for human if you "crawl" moreso than swim.)
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam shrugs, eyeing the distinct lack-of-glow on the shore's plantlife dubiously. "No particular reason," he replies to Odin, "beyond simple curiosity. Still, if you'd rather go around, I have no issue with that."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will shrug. "I suppose I should get this then." He will say, picking up one of the vines and examining it. "Tracks body temperature. Decentralized intelligence... Just lower your..." he will pause. "Can everyone drop their body temperature? If not, I suppose I can summon something."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"I imagine that's something I can do with practice; it's just not something I've tried before." Lyra will say as she moves to stand near her husband, her black armor losing its sharper edges even as she speaks. "I'm mainly just curious about this place as well. If you think it'd be safer to skirt the area that's fine."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: So... If this was a week ago, I might have some ideas, but at the moment, I think this thread has dragged on a bit... What would people like to see before heading back? I wasn't planning on much in terms of effective villains... and Odin isn't getting enough time alone with people to properly show off his abilities... So... sTate your goal, and I'll montage it?)
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam's goals for this outing are pretty simple: learn a bit more about Chaos / Odin's shapeshifting. Demonstrate a bit of Pattern-walking - preferably by finding a (portable) item of some sort that Odin would be interested in (which, of course, doubles up a bit on learning about Odin). Don't let anyone get horribly mauled by plants, manticores, or other forest dangers.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra was mainly interested in why the forest was supposedly so dangerous and if it could be made less so. She was ideally hoping to find something of interest, either people, creatures, or items, that could be brought back to the city. An additional point that evolved during the trek was learning more about shape-shifting from Odin. In the immediate area, she's been wondering if there's anything here in this parallel version of the city that can help with defense back home.
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

(Do his bodyguard thing and hopefully find some things to beat up that will result in minimal fussing at him...)
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

Caelund's concerns are reasonably mundane : 1) Survive, hopefully no more damaged than he already has been; 2) observe and be a general background character (goes with #1); 3) reasonably return services for aid rendered (goes against #2).
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

So, yeah, not much important here.

Rasanam:
  • Odin's shapeshifting is impressive. He will talk briefly about some of the nuances, like it being a chaos infection/gift. He's not sure if it can be given to others.
  • Let's go with an ornate spear for Odin. It's simple wood, self-healing (per the 1 point item ability*), with an expertly forged silvered-steel tip (Hard-edge).
Lyra:
  • The forrest is filled with fairly powerful archetypes of monsters you find at home.
  • In addition, walking through the forest, you slip through shadow. Thus it can make finding your way back difficult. Although having pattern walking negates this issue.
  • This last one is what makes it almost impossible to fix. It would need pattern editing or something major.
Krajk:
  • Plenty to beat up. Like a nemean lion. Of course, there's more than one...
Caelund:
  • I don't see why having scouts wouldn't help. Perhaps confirming some of the above, like the shadow-shifting and the multiple lions.
Time to head back?