07.09g: Chance Meeting

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.09g: Chance Meeting

Post by misfit »

"Good. I'm glad you understand that about yourself. Kokytos did not and it very nearly cost him his very existence. I have seen others die on the Pattern. I would not wish such a horror on you. You at least have the wisdom to know your limitations rather than be blinded by the lure of power. You also have the ambition to push back those limitations. I'd best keep an eye on you lest you surpass me." Harrune chuckles.

"Oh, and I do apologize for how quickly things moved that night. You did say that you wanted to see someone walk and the moment was upon us. I'm glad that you got your chance."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Yes. That was... I wasn't there for all of that." he sighs. "I am not sure what might be needed. The one thing about shadow... I want to hold onto something unique... so you can't lose me. I made Cameron let me hold his trump, but it wasn't needed..." He whimpers. "Should we take cameron?"
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune scratches his ear. "Hmmm. Hold my Trump? Not an unreasonable precaution. You need not fear me losing you. I can walk to you if I need to. I'd be more concerned about you losing me. The Trump would solve that nicely. Remind me when we're ready to leave."

"As for Cameron, it would certainly help to have some on guard while I'm distracted with the Pattern. I have yet to see him in crisis, but I get the impression that he can handle himself quite well. We can certainly invite him. ...unless you'd rather not?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"He is my current patron here. I would need his permission to go at least." Osmund answers. "He's... he needs some advice on how to be stronger. Perhaps, you might help him more directly."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Strength comes in many forms. For instance, I find strength in my family. Their love and support helps me greatly. Orcs on the other hand would see that as weakness. But I assume you mean strength in using the Pattern. You mentioned earlier that he uses it without knowing that he does. Sometimes just going where the fates would guide you is good, but there are times that one needs to chose for themselves. Perhaps seeing it used deliberately would help him. We can definitely do that for him."

"As for other advice, perhaps we can help there as well. Right now you know him better than I, so you would know better what help he is likely to need."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Yes. He... uh... yes." Osmund will say, finishing up, and getting dressed before stepping out. "I prefer groups myself... And I always liked tech more than magic, but yeah, I understand."

He will look around, feeling oddly vulnerable. "Where too now? I ... should probably head back..."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Where to? I have no real preference on that. Honestly, all the random carnage is not something I take joy in. I probably would have skipped the whole event, but rank carries obligations. If I chose not to come it could be taken a slight. It is odd in a way. I am not really all that popular here, so in a way most of the people here would prefer if I stayed away...but if I did they would take offense. So, I follow the path of duty which is the one that will offend least."

"So, lead the way...unless you would rather part company for now. Be honest and I shall not take offense." Harrune smiles warmly.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will nod nervously... "If you do not wish to be part of the festivities, perhaps we could... uh... Get me a place to stay? You are allowed to request one, right? And Cameron got that started... I can't stay in his quarters every night." He will flatten his ears again. "not that... That's not what... I was on the floor. He prefers minotaurs."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"You don't have a place to stay yet? Yes, we can certainly do something about that. Am I correct in assuming that you'd like to stay in Ht'gon to stay near Cameron? Or would you rather stay somewhere else? I'm sure that we can arrange something."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Thank you..." Osmund will say. "And... yeah... Cameron is my patron." He will sigh. "and I'm sorta... wanted in the town and castle... For trying to break into the castle." His ears will flatten. "Dworkin, hasn't chosen me... But... it took a while before he chose Aibne. I wonder why it took so long."