07.09f: Too Many Explosions

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.09f: Too Many Explosions

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam listens to the irate gnome and hobgoblin for a bit, and then pulls out a sketchbook (his clothing having transformed with him into a sort of a harness like affair, still with large numbers of pockets), and starts drawing - sketches of bits of the clockwork car intermingling with arcane diagrams and spell design for what another mage might recognize as a ring of regeneration.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Cassandra will approach slowly. Getting ready to pounce as a cat might... before being interrupted by an orc shouting, "Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is nevar put with the wrong end in front!*"

Cassandra winces, "I... fine! You can come! But I still think you looked that one up."

Finally she will walk around Rasanam three times, then flop like a cat sulking who isn't getting the right attention. "So, do you have any plans for tomorrow night?" She will ask.

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks up. "Tomorrow? Isn't that when we're hosting festivities at Tir'na Nog'th?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Cassandra rolls her eyes*. "And if that had been a riddle, I'd be amused. Yes, for tomorrow. I'm running my annual riddle contest. What are you doing?"

Post by Rasanam »

"Oh, I figured I'd take advantage of Asai's plans and set up a bit of an aerial maze. Nothing too complicated, just a simple projection of a rotating four dimensional structure."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"A physical riddle? Haven't seen one of those in a while. They never make them complicated enough anyhow. Although, the gardens are a nice diversion when they are around." She ponders. "The games don't seem worth my full talents anyhow. I suppose a show of magic is what's expected. a more civilized contest of the mind. The Parcheesi tournament was interesting last year, but nothing else has grabbed my attention. Perhaps we should do something radically different... this lack of a permanent home makes preparations too painful."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods. "Which is why I've prepared the entire maze - and associated prizes - as a single conjuration. Two days of setup, and I took care of it about a week ago. Still, that approach doesn't help those who don't cast spells. Oh, and on the topic of permanent homes, I did send Fjolnir out today to find a place in the city I can move into. Haven't heard back from him yet; he should be here at some point though."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne wanders over to Rassanam and Cassandra, bowing slightly. "Good tidings, milord, milady," he says politely, smiling. "I... hope I'm not interrupting? I was wondering if I could get your views on the... well..." He gestures at the remnants of the explosion, plus the assorted still-injured. "I'm getting the story together, or trying to."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Well," Rasanam says, "I can't really be certain without looking at the designs and cross-checking a few things, which I haven't done yet, but I suspect the dwarven machine was built along principles that would have worked perfectly in the plane its creator was from. On the face of it, the others represent better adaptions to local reality; I found the spring-car particularly impressive. Next year I'll have to enter a design or two of my own; it's really too bad I didn't have time for that this year."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Loud screams of agony (in rhyme no less), cut briefly as Drat heals another victim. On the plus side, the cleric does seem to know a lot about making sure people aren't hurt. At this point, the wreckage has been cleared, and his bugbear is helping to finish the settings for the normal joust (after the exhibition match with Odin).

Cassandra eyes the goblin. "I wonder if he's free tomorrow night? A prophet's tongue might be interesting."