07.09e The Pre-game Show

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.09e The Pre-game Show

Post by Joshua »

Odin will let Krajk respond to that. He will turn away, if it seems appropriate.
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

((Hey what's that over there... *points*))

Krajk's eyes go dead, hardly any reflection of light showing in them, and his expression stills into one of alarming neutrality. His voice, however well composed it may be under the circumstances, shows some hint of the tip of the proverbial iceberg around its edges. "And these words will gain me what? Will they save me from enslavement to a madman with no concern for aught but his machinations? People often say I have little concern for life but..." He cuts himself off abruptly, then resumes. "There was a strait between a series of islands, back in my home plane, that was cursed - any who sailed its waters, or even swam in them, was caught up in the endless agony of a god cursed to die for all eternity. The local sea god would not lift the curse - I suspect he was too weak, though strong and territorial enough to keep other gods from interfering - but he did set great beacons of spectral light on either end to warn sailors to turn back if they could or throw themselves to the mercy of the uncaring sea if they could not. I do not know which fate I would have chosen if I'd been given the choice and it seems now I never will..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys blinks, possibly in surprise, at Krajk's reaction. "I hardly think that is a fair comparison. While I would have preferred that you not even be offered the option to walk while you were in Odin's employ, now that it is done... what you do with that Power* is yours, and yours alone." She pauses, then adds, "And should you find evidence that is not the case, that is something I would be inclined to spend more than words on."

Alys takes a step back, and nods to Odin, "And now, if you will excuse me, I do have other matters to attend to this evening." And with that, she moves to depart.**

_____
* It should be fairly obvious that she's not talking about political power here.
** Phrased this way to make it clear that said departure can be interrupted if either Krajk or Odin decide they want to. Edit: And Alys' evening continues here.
Last edited by Wyvern on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will offer... "Not to break the metaphor, but... would you feel better going home and ending the curse? You have the power to do so now*."

He does give a quick nod to Alys as she leaves. Clearly intending to talk more later.

Post by Krajk »

Krajk makes no move to respond to Alys, but gives her departing backside a distinctly sour look. Odin's comment earns him a sharp look, almost startled, but whatever unplanned response Krajk might have made is cut off before he can do more than open his mouth just enough to show that the thought died unspoken*. For a fraction of a second, barely noticeable even to those of such rarefied perceptions, his expression is unguarded and almost haunted. The moment passes almost faster than it came and the wereshark gives a sardonic snort, his mood and demeanor seemingly restored (at least on the surface...) by the unexpected comment. "Perhaps when this contract is ended. There is a brutal simplicity in attacking a task so beyond any I've done before and regardless of the outcome I stand to gain something; if I fall then I no longer need worry about this mess--" he digs the toe of one boot into the ground for emphasis, "--and if I somehow kill the unkillable, well then that's a start** and for added bonus it'll piss off that arrogant git of a sea god..." A pause, and then he barks a short laugh. "Hellfires, maybe if I'm beyond lucky I can find a bit of that dying god's corpse and craft something out of it and give it to that sea god. His son was the one who tried to make a suit of armor out of me."

(*Josh and Wyvern know what I'm referencing here. :lol:)
(**To what though...)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will laugh as well. "Yes, it is the simple pleasures. Sometimes, honor and structure are worth it." He will stretch his leg. "Well, this is healed, I should get back to the joust. I doubt I will be in danger. Perhaps you should size up your competition? It would be bad form for me to ask you to do that on my behalf though. Still, anything public that I haven't noticed or just not been here long enough to find should be fair game."

He will offer a slight bow. "Forgive this, but at the moment, you outrank me here." and return to his horse. (this is before the black horse incident.)