07.09d: Pecking Order

The goings on of courts
NPC
Needs a Guide

Re: 07.09d: Pecking Order

Post by NPC »

"Thanus. It's nice to meet you," Thanus says, as Cameron starts to come up. "And, really. When you're my size," he gestures to his less-than-two-feet, "you either get stepped on or be so spiky you take out the people stepping on you." He sips at his Cherry Bomb, smiling as Cameron introduces himself. "You know... we might be able to make a Guild of Outcasts, although that seems rather... self-defeating."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will roll his eyes, then launch into a grand gesturing pose, tossing his drink into the air. Rapier out, he makes sweeping gestures to punctuate what he is saying. "No! Team outcast is always the way to go! A unique blend of hidden talents and those who are different who blend their abilities into something greater!"

He will pause looking around, and put his rapier away, and catch his drink*. "I mean... If you're into that sort of thing. It's how I built the striders. Although, finding those who are unique is not as hard here as it is in other places. Perhaps we need another definition. Many here were great warriors or sages or the pinnacle where they left, but are now in a much different playing field. Perhaps, that is the help such a guild could make. For newcomers who have not found a better place?**"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

The Tengu watches Rogbar's display with some small surprise, realizing for the first time she seems to have a conspicuous lack of alcohol in her own talons. "I suppose the Striders do sort of fit the description of a group of outcasts in a way, at least from what you've told me of them. In a way its a shame that any group would ostracize one of their own but it does create some unique opportunities, allowing those with special skills to exercise them and for traditional enemies to work together." Turning to Cameron, Jiga says, "My apologies if I failed to show proper deference. I've barely been here for more than 24 hours so there's precious few people I know or recognize."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron chuckles at the display, having seen Rogbar show off a little earlier. "well, it seems that it's always the case that people will end up grouping together, misfits being the leftovers at the end. I want to get ahead of the curve here if I can, though. I'm not even a good orc, apparently, by the standards of those who've come here. Or, for that matter, the ones from where I used to call home."

He takes a gulp an chuckles. "And please, no deference, I'm sick and tired of deference. I'm Prince Cameron of Ht'gon. I suspect by now I might be known as The Runaway, given my last appearance here. I aim to do better on it this time." Finding one of his steins now empty, he hangs it from a finger of the occupied hand, and finally offers a hand in greeting.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga gives Cameron a simple nod though does raise a curious eyebrow at the runaway comment. "I suppose I fall into the definition of an outcast as well then, though I've never really thought of myself in that way. Talk to Lyra perhaps. She was working to bridge racial and social gaps back home so she might be a good person to work with to get 'ahead of the curve' as you say. I think she's a bit overwhelmed by this place from the little we've spoken since she told me about it and she's still quite attached to where we were from originally, but I know she's also grown to care a great deal about this place too and the people here."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will nod. "Yes, Lyra is a wonderful one, half-drow, if you can believe. I have not see her like in..." He will pause, "Of course, she's married, so that won't do either of us any good. Now if only the Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris was not so... deadly. She almost killed me two nights ago. Stupid rose... I thought the ice one would look nice in her hair, but no... she wanted that deadly thorned abomination. It did frame her face well... Anyhow, she's still single, and caused a bit of upset as well."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"Sounds like it was an eventful evening, though likely there are few such spent here that aren't. Are any of you participating in any more of these games today? They certainly have been...interesting so far."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Having finished talking to Odin and Krajk*, Alys stalks quietly up behind Rogbar.

"Of course," she comments, once he's done with the current spiel. "It was a better rose. A pity I had to let it go; it would have made an excellent rebuttal to Daq later that evening."

Then she turns to nod politely in greeting to the others present. "Jiga. Cameron. And," to Thanus, "I don't believe we've been introduced. I trust the evening has gone well enough for the four of you?"

_____
* At least for now.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will turn, "Of course. Still, The ice one would have complimented your hair as a contrast with*..." He will continue with a much greated fashion skill than I am capable of manifesting at the moment. "Although.. Daq? Yes, it would have worked as a counterpoint to any advance he makes."
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron will have put a serious dent in the second stein as conversation plays out, shaking his head ruefully as he sees Rogbar digging a bit of a hole. He's thoughtful, trying to figure out how to throw him a line, then shakes his head, leaning in an aside to Thanus.

""His reputation seems to hint that he thrives charging into difficult situations. I see it's not just on the battlefield. He seem like the Man in the Tree* - he looks uncomfortable and in danger, but is right where he wants to be."

---
* Cameron's making a loose allusion to the same symbolset that is in the modern tarot, specifically the Hanged Man