07.09a: The Junior Tournament

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.09a: The Junior Tournament

Post by Draylen »

Aibne rubs the back of his neck. "I... probably won't. Maybe. But probably won't," he says, looking down. "Acrobatics aren't... really my thing." Lyra, on the other hand, is about to get dive-bombed, as the black-green dragon smells her and falls out of the sky at her. <Smellfunny! Dragon/notdragon!> it exclaims in shadows manipulated to be in written draconic, the way a skywriter writes as the dragon decelerates rapidly, at least trying not to hit her intentionally.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"I'll take care of any acrobatics that need demonstrating, no worries." The dragon has been Lyra's primary focus the entire time so while the unique method of communication is a bit surprising, its decent is not. Judging trajectories, Lyra steps back to ensure there's no collision as the dark green dragon lands directly in front of her, a bit close for comfort still. <And you're quite interesting yourself. My name's Lyra. Pleased to meet you.>, she replies in draconic.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

<Smell funny! Dragon/notdragon.> The photovore stalks around Lyra, staring curiously at her. <Interesting. My name is Endros. I'm a sun-eater! You seem nice, even if you smell funny. And talk with an accent. What's your accent?> he asks, wagging excitedly.

Aibne blinks at him and shrugs. "Uh... I should probably go watch the events. Someone's got to write the stories that they're making today," he says, rubbing the back of his neck. "And I'm not really needed here..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys ponders for a moment, and then comments to Aibne, "If you're merely bothered about being left out of the conversation, I believe Endros has some form of telepathy - that may not completely eliminate the language barrier, but I expect it would help if you wanted to learn. Still," she adds with a smile, "Do not let that stop you if you actually have other things to attend to. Speaking of which, I have a few things I need to do myself."

To Lyra and Endros, she adds, "<I have a few matters I need to attend to, but we can talk further at some point later this evening if either of you would like.>"

And - if there are no further questions or requests for immediate anything from her - she heads off to talk to Dworkin.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"Sure, it'd be good to catch up later but I don't mean to keep either of you if you have more pressing things to attend to. I should get around to watching more of the tournaments myself soon." Lyra waves a claw (assuming someone does leave) before turning to the dragon. <My accent...somewhere between Shadow Dragon and Elven I suppose. I've never heard of sun-eaters before." Lyra warns the dragon of an incoming snow projectile thrown by one of the children not quite yet aware that the dragon has hit the pause button on their game.
Last edited by ShadowOfPreservation on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne ducks out, looking a little chastised from Alys, but heads over to watch the joust, shortly before the explosion. Endros just looks confused, glancing at Lyra. <What's an 'elven'?> he asks, sitting down in front of her. <We're called that because we eat light. Like this!> His form shimmers and becomes difficult to see directly as the bright bright glare starts to disappear, light just disappearing for a few moments before it stops. <Oooh... too much. I'm really really stuffed.>
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra is clearly impressed. <I see, so you literally eat it. Interesting. An Elf is sort of like a human with pointy ears. I'm sure you've seen them around. There's a lot more to them than that of course. I actually grew up as one. Maybe that's why you think I smell funny.> Lyra stands up and nonchalantly makes her way over towards a nearby tent, stepping into its shadow and disappearing completely for a moment before reappearing a few feet away as she steps back out of it, giving the dragon a smile. <My trick works a bit differently but it's still fun.>
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

<Oooooh. That is really cool! You could be a great... great... what's the word... Person-sending-messages! If we needed that. Normally we just talk mind-to-mind. Alys said that was rude though, so I'll do this.> He pouts a little but perks up a bit, nodding. <Do you live in Ht'Gon too? You don't act like the others.>
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

<I haven't lived here for very long, but yes, I call Ht'Gon home. I actually have been working with Morgana some since I arrived to help make it a better place. I'm much closer to a merchant...or even a performer...than I am to being a politician. I know a lot of my new friends aren't used to having political sway either. I just don't let it get to me as much as some of them do. Aibne there for example. He's really amazing and so well spoken but he'd much rather write and tell stories to a crowd than speak about laws and unity to that same group. He'll grow into it though I'm sure. Anyway, sorry I'm rambling. Have you lived here for a while?>
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The dragon sort-of shrugs slightly*, tilting his head. <I don't know Aibne too well. He's in Father Bonebreaker's class every now and again. I think he's actually embarrassed about it. About a lot of things. Sometimes it's hard to tell, he's not really talkative. Me, I've been here a few moon-cycles. Definitely no more than six, but I'm sure it's been more than three.>

---
*Considering he's a dragon on all fours, this doesn't work well, but it's something.