07.09a: The Junior Tournament

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

07.09a: The Junior Tournament

Post by Wyvern »

Alys makes her way over towards Morgana and Grind and Father Bonebreaker, nodding politely in greeting, and asking, "How has your day been?" - though it's not at all clear which of the people present she's directing the question at.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.09a: The Junior Tournament

Post by Joshua »

Grind has a number of children crawling all over him. He has the look of a seasoned warrior whose been ordered to capture someone alive, and who knows it'd be an easier time with his claws. He is whimpering a little in response to Alys' question.

One of the kids (an orc) runs over, "He wants to do something nice for his..." the girl will pause, looking for the word... "Lady?" She will ask. "And we were helping him."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne hides a smile, watching the children crawling over Grind, before shaking his head a little. "If you need help," he offers, giving a slight shrug, before blinking. "Hmm. I should probably get set up... And I could always use little eyes and little ears to tell me the events that happen." He shakes his head slightly and bows to Morgana and Bonebreaker, looking a little chagrined at the lateness of it.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys smiles, and nods at the orc girl's choice of word for Morgana. "Good!" she says, cheerfully. "I'm sure he appreciates whatever help you've offered. And it is," Alys glances up towards Grind, "An interesting puzzle, isn't it? What do you do for someone who has the power to get any thing they want?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Asking such a question among children (worse, orc and goblin children) gets a lot of shouted responses. Only a few of them make sense*, and amid the chaos, Grind is brought to the ground. Thankfully, he'll heal. Also, whatever subtlety was in the question is clearly lost on him.

Morgana will blush at Alys. "Just because we can, doesn't mean we have the time to do so." She will smile at Grind's antics. "Besides, you can't change someone. I mean you could, but then they wouldn't quite be the same person, would they? Still, children, shouldn't you let Grind get ready for his big showing?"

With that, the children will reluctantly part. (With a few child-stomps strategically placed for maximum pain / comedy.)

**: "You're a half-troll, rip out your own heart and dip it in chocolate for her!"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

AIbne shakes his head a little and chuckles softly, watching them. "Poor guy," he murmurs in sympathy. "Anyway, um." He blinks a little, thinking. "Have you been told about Hivers, yet? Word is spreading slowly, but you should probably hear about it directly, Morgana. It was, um..." He rubs the back of his neck, frowning a little, glancing at Alys.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods at Morgana, "Both good points."

To Aibne, she says, "Was something that can wait until after the festivities?"* She glances across at where Lyra and Rasanam have just trumped in, and adds, "Especially since I don't think anyone's going to be out in shadow until then."

She also takes a moment to see if the small dragon she met earlier is around.

_____
* The subtext here is more "Something I don't think should be discussed in public, and isn't important enough to demand privacy right now."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will listen. "It can wait. Although, you may want to run things past Dworkin. Just in case. If it's pressing enough to go into it now... he'd know."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"I had assumed he already knew... but even so, he might be waiting for someone to tell him. Not a bad idea; I'll have to make sure that happens."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Alys is about to be attacked by a small group of 6 - 12 goblin children... If it matters... Although, maybe they're more interested in Aibne.