07.08h Guided by Goblins

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.08h Guided by Goblins

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

The revelation of the Drow's profession of assassination changes Jiga's mind about wanting to speak with him and instead she inquires of Rogers, "So what is your Captain up to this morning anyway?" She starts walking slowly towards her best guess as to which opening is an exit.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogers will check the air for the time. (Seriously, he will sniff the air, then decide the time it is.) "He should still be running drills just past the orc encampment. He usually has an audience, if you'd like to watch. I could order us some brunch."

While he talks, he will lead you upward, toward the 'back' of the fort. The side that faces away from the city.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga will look at him with interest. "That sounds wonderful. I'd like to check out these drills and meet more of your Company...and I certainly won't turn down some food." After a slight pause, she asks "Did you actually check the time by scent?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Oh... You can scent what's being made in the kitchen if you know what to sniff for. Almost as good as a clock. Besides, with the preparations for the festival, you can smell those as well." He can name a few other reasons, displaying a keen nose compiled with a masterful knowledge of the schedule Ht'Gon keeps.

He will pass by the kitchens, making a short order of brunch, to be delivered... and will lead Jiga out to the orc training grounds. At the moment filled with a very diverse group of mercenaries from the Shadow Striders.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga looks impressed at the ingenuity of using knowledge of food preparation and a keen sense of smell to determine the time. She will simply watch the training grounds for a bit, trying to take note of the different mercenaries in attendance for later reference. In doing so though, she tries to pick out Rogbar among those on the field.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar is in rare form. (For those of you who haven't seen him not on a date.) Quickly and expertly drilling almost a dozen squads of mixed mercenaries in a raise the flag exercise. (5 flags and checkpoints. Checkpoints must be captured and held.) He's easily coordinating assaults or defenses of all five points simultaneously, with strong knowledge of his team, how they work together, and how his sub-commanders think*.

Rogers will frown slightly. "Shame that I had to miss this today. But, sometimes it's best to train when your reliable lieutenants are missing. As much as I'd like to always be available, it doesn't work that way."

Lunch is mostly a stew/gruel for orcs, although Rogers has managed to arrange for a (small) platter of cheeses and fruit as well.
*: Most people with Amber ranked warfare and 2 - 3 appropriate talents can do this. As can anyone with mid-ranked warfare with a little experience. Or high ranked warfare with no experience and green troops.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga continues just watching for a time, making short work of the cheese and fruit. She's worked for and against various coordinated groups in the past but has never seen coordination on this level. "I'm sorry for begin the cause of your missed training but your point is a good one. Battle is never predictable so purposely excluding command staff on occasion is sound training strategy. I'm happy to continue watching but I'm sure there's also more you'd like to show me. We can continue or tarry at your discretion."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, we've found most of the major points. Lyra will have to arrange permanent housing for you, but... I can give you an overview of the possibilities. Then, we can come back here and help them convert this to the tournament space*." Rogers will smile and nod. he's enjoying the gruel, and in a moment of weakness, a few worms and a bug he picked off the ground. What, he can't be completely cultured all the time...

Since, coming up with a dozen possible places that people can stay doesn't sound that fun. I mean, these are orcs, dwarves, and such. There's some nice stonework, but yeah. Seems like the meeting afterwards is the interesting part.
Lunatic

Jiga goes over the option with Rogers but isn't too picky. For now she'll stay in whatever temporary space was allotted to her until she has a chance to speak more with Lyra. With that worked out as much as can be, she returns with Rogers to help setup. She has nothing better to do and it's another opportunity to get to know people in Ht'Gon.

Assuming that Rogbar is there, Jiga would gravitate to him. "Rogers was a wonderful help this morning, thank you. We had a chance to catch a bit of your training regimen. You've got quite the impressive group."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"We have spent many years getting to that level." Rogbar will bow. "Still, I am glad you know a good regiment when you see one." He will kiss her hand. "I hope you consider joining. If not... perhaps we can figure out what to do. I am sure Lyra would not mind you occasionally working with us regardless."