07.08b: Skin Deep

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.08b: Skin Deep

Post by Wyvern »

Alys pauses, looking concerned. Then she leans down and puts a hand on Tinder's head; the dog twitches an ear as if listening... and then growls* and snaps at Alys' hand. "I know," Alys tells him, "But this is important."

And with that, Tinder runs full tilt at the nearest wall, seeming to fold sideways in impossible directions and vanish into the corner between wall and floor.

"To Morgana, then," Alys says, and starts walking in that direction. "Tinder should be back relatively quickly; I feel it's important to be certain Ashara actually got that card. For this... I have a copy of your card as well; we can use that one instead if we think it's appropriate."

_____
* The growl is a very odd noise - it's quiet, but seems to resonate off of every sharp edge nearby...
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne blinks, confused. "What? I don't understand. Why wouldn't Father Lane give her my card? He's a good and honorable man, a well known member of the Church."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shrugs. "Even assuming that is true - and that the person you talked to was actually Father Lane - honor does not protect one from pickpockets. A sufficiently skilled one could replace a card with a forgery, and we might not find out until Ashara tried to use it."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I guess so," Aibne says, doubtfully, shaking his head. He shrugs a little. "Although one who would attempt to steal from Lane deserves what he gets. It would not end well, from what I've heard. His bible is rather lacking on the subject of knee caps." The bear shudders a little, shaking his head again, this time to clear it.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Priscilla nods. "Lane always gave me the creeps. His teachings emphasize the greater good over personal justice." She shivers. "He might have sided with my husband."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Balance isn't found in either," Aibne says, shaking his head slowly. "To do what is right, must be right by more than you, and to do what is good, should also include you. Sacrificing yourself for the greater good is all well and good," he says, looking solemn, "but you can do much more good over a lifetime than a single sacrifice can hope to achieve." He smiles then, soft and sad, holding out his hand to Priscilla. "My lady, forgive me. This is not... Appropriate discussion at the time. No need for sacrifices of any kind; only to think of your children, and to see how they might be."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Priscilla nods. "Thank you. So, when do we leave? I have packed just about everything I could think of. It's light, but I thought that best." She says.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"As soon as Tinder gets back and we have spoken to Morgana."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne nods a little, thinking. "Shall we go and see about setting up a meeting with her?" He pauses, blinking a little. "Uh, or, actually, we can use the trump, can't we?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys tilts her head. "That is true, we could. And, given that one of the purposes of this trip is to get you some practice with Powers you have not worked with before, that is probably a good idea."