07.07d: Working Shark

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.07d: Working Shark

Post by Joshua »

The office is for a Legna, Seneshal of Rebma. Inside is a basic, and fairly normal office one might expect for a mid-level bureaucrat, papers and filing cabinets all over. Behind the desk is a female bullywug (Frog lady) wearing a light blue gown. She will look up, and realize who has entered her room.

"Greetings Lord Krajk, Lady Sareshia. What can I assist you with?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Saresha speaks up, "Krajk, wanted to know when his quarters were prepared."

Legna will nod, and thumb through a few papers. "Looks like that was one of the original rooms from when we first took inventory. IT was prepared..." She will look to another stack. "As a generic warrior room about six months ago, then to an amphibious room at the start of the month." She will pause... "Uh, that's what we call rooms that accommodate air and water breathing... It's not meant to imply anything other than the ability to breathe both." With a gulp she will continue... "Final furnishing orders occurred a few days ago at (exact time)*. And preparations were done within 18 hours. Dworkin and Darnell provided most of the furnishings."

Post by Krajk »

((Absence and apologies reiterated, etc.))

If anything, Krajk seems faintly amused by Legna's anxiousness regarding the term 'amphibious', one corner of his mouth and one eyebrow twitching upwards a fraction of an inch each. At the mention of when the furnishings were ordered, however, his face is briefly leeched of all visible emotion and his irises almost seem to flicker night-black for the merest fraction of a second. The moment passes before the seneschal finishes saying 'And', though, and Krajk's expression returns to polite neutrality. Once Legna has finished speaking, he will ask, "And of Kokytos' suite? Might not properly be my business, but seeing as how he jumped me once already I'd like to know where he's quartered if nothing else so I can minimize encounters.*"

(*He's not poking fun at the situation like he did earlier with Sareshia. Either he's being polite or he's focused more on controlling his emotions than on being sociable. Or both.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Legna will check another set of notes. "He was... in the slums. Such extreme aquatalism* is actually frowned upon, so he was kept away from the air breathing areas. This isn't the first time he has tried forcing his way onto the pattern, but you'd need to ask Warden Razorspine** about that." She flips to the new pages. "Looks like there still isn't official quarters prepared for him. There is some debate on if he'll come out of the coma. I've taken it upon myself to prepare an unofficial aquatic quarters at (location). It hasn't been furnished yet, but I also made preparations to have his possessions moved in within twenty minutes if need be. That should prevent issue."
________
*: Is this a word? What is the word for "belief that water-breathers are superior"?
**: Corystes Razorspine, you met her already.
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

The fact that the siren had lived in the slums elicits no reaction from Krajk - they are a rawer, rougher place to live but they are still a place to live, to survive. The fact that there weren't official quarters already prepared results in the ghost of a smile and the faintest imperceptible trace of relaxation. "I wish to know if or when Kokytos wakes, if that can be arranged. It was through my actions that he ended up in such shape; the least I can do is to accept responsibility in person." This last is laced in its depths with carefully mostly concealed cruel menace, like a house cat discretely, but obviously, licking its claws in sight of some small caged beast.

With that, Krajk will brusquely* bid the seneschal farewell and exit the room. "So," he will say to Sareshia once both of them are in the hall, "what would you recommend we do next?" His grey eyes are watchful and calculating, but all else about him at least seems relaxed. "I have a few more hours until I am to meet back up with my employer, but until then I have nowhere I need to be."

(*He's not being rude, just moving on in a brisk fashion with at least a outer layer of socially acceptable politeness.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Normally I would suggest recreation, such as the hot springs, but..." She will think. "While you said you weren't in the mood for the military, perhaps a tour of the police force would be useful? Or the fish market*? Ashara is in a meeting for the next hour or so, although, we could meet her at the tournament later today..." She will think on other aspects. "A few hours isn't enough time to learn the whole layout of the castle and city, but I could simply give a quick tour of the passageways. I expect you'll want to take a week or so to learn all the intricacies and secret ways. Plus, the ones that only exist sometimes."

She will shrug. "I think a focused look at the market or police force will be the best use of your time today."
*: As a reminder, good fishermen are like rock-stars in Rebma. It is debatable if the fisherman are better warriors than the police force. Certainly a more eclectic and varied group, with more magic. Also, the Rebma side of the market, is where about half of Amber's food comes from.
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

((I clearly posted this a week ago. I blame time travel.))

After a moment's thought, Krajk will say, "The market, then. Best to know the mood and lifeblood of one's environment, regardless of how long one plans to stay. The policing force can look after themselves well enough without my distractions and the job that brought me here's unlikely to cause us to cross blades in any case."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Seems like this will be kind of a dull tour... still...

There's a lot of very powerful fishermen in Rebma. Most have at least some sorcery (that they use to shadow travel to where fish are), most are highly trained. Most have bagged a fish that's larger than they are at some point. These are clearly the cream of the crop in terms of skill and battle prowess. Most could hit a bullseye with a harpoon at 300 meters or similar.

The market itself is a bustling hub of everyone. While some of the nobles send servants to buy fish on their behalf, most nobles show up in person to show off their knowledge of the fish caught. There's food galore, tastings and samples of most things. The samples, in many cases, are prepared by expert chefs, attempting to give their fisherman's fish a leg up in the market.

Even a few minutes here gives you an idea of almost every accent, most races, the currency, a view of how proud the entirety of Rebma is of Rebma, skill levels, and more.

Sareshia will select a very specific place to eat. It has good private dining place, the food is well priced, and while it's not the best food you've ever had, it is an amazingly versatile cross-section of the local cuisine. (Payment is not accepted. You'd actually have to order the proprietor to accept payment for the meal if you didn't want it gratis.)