07.06N Confessions

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.06N Confessions

Post by Draylen »

Aibne shakes his head, turning away again. "I'm not sure. I'm just not... like them." He turns and looks out at the ballroom, at the people listening to Dworkin, sighing softly. "I don't belong there."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I don't understand. Everyone belongs somewhere. Why wouldn't you belong?" Father-Confessor Lane asks.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Because I'm not like them," Aibne says, growling. "I don't belong in their circles. I wasn't even at Ht'Gon when I walked the thing anyway. I was at Amber."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Was it Golden or Red?" Father-Confessor Lane asks. "Because the Ht'Gon pattern is a bright sun-golden and the Amber pattern is an electric fire-red."

He keeps a single hand on your shoulder. "Even if it was the Amber pattern, that still makes you a ruler, like Oberon. You are being called to serve a greater power. Surely that power knew what it wanted when it selected you. Surely it choose this moment as a proper time to call you. Perhaps what you should be asking, is 'why'. There must be a reason the power that chose you wanted an outsider."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Uh, gold. Very definitely gold," he says, frowning slightly. He shrugs a little, shaking his head. "It doesn't matter though. I don't belong with them. Whatever the reason the crazy old man thought, I can't be what he's expecting. I'm not like them."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Father-Confessor Lane sighs. "I am not sure I see the difference." He thinks. "Still, was there some part of the choice that upsets you? Like your trump card? I heard everyone got a picture of themselves."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"M-my trump? No, that's not..." Aibne frowns a little, shaking his head. "That's not it. Not the... No. No, my card is fine. Uh." He frowns a little and fishes out his deck, shrugging slightly and fishing out the Seven of Pentacles. As he goes through the deck, he freezes slightly, the face of one card almost completely black, but he moves rapidly past it, grabbing his trump card. He hands it to the priest. "This is fine, really. Um. Although, you'll probably have a better chance; could you please give this to Her Majesty for me, letting her know I'm at her service? Next time you see her, I mean, there's no need to go out of your way for it..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Father-Confesor Lane will gently and reverently take the card. "Please, forgive my presumption. This is different than most upset that I have seen. You are always welcome to come talk to me about anything on your mind. Perhaps in faith you can find where you belong."

"And if not, helping the city and the four castles is a worthy goal. One your previous owner believed in. "
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne sighs, nodding softly. He turns to stare back out into the inky blackness, frowning slightly. "I'll keep it in mind, Father. Thank you for your time."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Awkwardly, Father-Confessor Lane will leave...

A short time later, Rogbar will return. "Hey, how are you holding up?"