07.07b: Greek Fire

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.07b: Greek Fire

Post by Wyvern »

Alys blinks, clearly caught off-guard by Kizak's reaction. "What? Why would I...?"

After a moment she gives Kizak a speculative look, and adds, "...Certainly not literally, anyway..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"to gain my power..." he will whimper. "I mean, I have fire..." He will sigh. "Sorry, I'm still getting used to that not working here. Or... maybe it only works between those of my home shadow."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Probably something like that," Alys nods. "Certainly nothing of the sort would work for me."

She looks thoughtful for a moment, before adding, "Though, speaking of things that wouldn't work for me, there might be... less drastic measures that could be of use to you. It would be an interesting experiment, at least..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

He tenses. "what?!" and managing to shrink another few inches.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"There is something about this place that results in those who live here being more 'real' than elsewhere, even if they go nowhere near the Pattern. And it may be possible to... focus that effect, some." Alys shrugs. "If it works, that would be well worth knowing. If it doesn't, no harm done. And either way, the effects should be relatively subtle - nothing instant, just a gain in a matter of years that might have taken decades or centuries otherwise."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Real?" He will ask. "I don't understand. But, I guess that's okay... But... what does that have to do with what you are preparing for?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"It doesn't?" Alys shrugs again. "At least, not directly. Indirectly, the stronger this place is, the safer it will be; working out how to use its properties to strengthen those who live here seems a reasonable goal."

She tilts her head speculatively, "Assuming you were planning on making your home here, of course. Though I suppose it's too early to expect a definite answer to that; I certainly haven't decided if I want to stay past the few centuries I owe Dworkin."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Anyway," Alys adds, "These are all things we can discuss later. For now, we should probably make our way back to the ball."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Kizak shivers but finally decides he's already dead if it comes up. "Do you have any idea what was happening?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"I don't know," Alys glides forward and takes Kizak's arm to start walking back to the ball*. "But if I had to guess, I'd say that Rebma just gained a Royal. With any luck it's someone who knew what he was getting into... but I wouldn't bet on that. On the plus side, whatever was happening, there were several very competent people going to deal with it."

_____
* If Kizak is paying attention - which at this point he may not be - he'll note that Alys isn't actually in any hurry to get back to the ball; she's moving that direction, but not with any degree of rapidity.