07.06m: Wallflowers

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.06m: Wallflowers

Post by Draylen »

"Some people say that of here, too. I wouldn't know, as a slave and mercenary power is not something I possess for myself," he says, growling a little. "What 'power' I possess is meaningless and trivial. I am the teller of tales, nothing more."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Jiga looks quite impressed with Aibne's tale. From Rogbar, she might have thought the story an exaggeration but from Aibne it only reinforces her growing appreciation of the Shadowstriders.

Lyra keeps an eye on Aibne as he relates the tale, making a note to speak with him more in private later.

She looks a bit uncomfortable at Odin's comment, but perhaps more so at Aibne's response. "Aibne, your power is far from trivial. You did what I couldn't with your words and helped grow the seed of unity. That is not meaningless. Even if the ability to reach people's hearts and minds with your words was the only power you possessed, it would still be potent and precious." Lyra does her best to meet Aibne's eyes as she does her best to lend encouragement and sincere gratitude.

When she turns back to Odin, she looks a bit concerned. "That the mighty should rule was the philosophy of some of the guilds from my home. Thankfully not everyone thought as they did. Having real power only means you're a force to be reckoned with, not that it grans one the ability or right to rule. But you're referring to Pattern aren't you?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Not Pattern, no. We have something... like that back home. It defeats any lesser power. Your pattern likely does as well." he shrugs. "It's more of a meritocracy. Rule by those with the ability to handle the favor of ..." Odin trails off. "Is this pattern sentient? And if so, why would it choose a slave instead of a master?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"The Pattern itself has made... at least no public demonstrations of sentience," Rasanam volunteers, without looking up from his drawing. "One common debate, however, is to question to what degree it is a separate force from Dworkin himself. Personally, I'd say I have, as yet, insufficient information for a useful answer to any of those questions."
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

(Continued from Krajk's departure here.)

Predator Krajk may be, but predators do not always hunt and oftentimes simply wish to get from one place to another. Krajk's body language reflects this as he re-enters the ballroom and picks his way around the periphery of the room until he reaches Odin. "Apologies for the delay," he says to his employer. "I don't trust the situation to remain resolved, but with any luck it will remain so for the duration of the ball In any case, it seems to be in a state where there is little I can do about it right now."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne sighs softly, partially in relief, as other people take up Odin's attention. "Sorry Master," he murmurs before twitching his fingers. He starts to fade away slowly, disappearing and seeming to become insubstantial, before slowly ghosting away. "It was nice to meet you, Jiga," he says as he passes by her, making a quick escape from the growing crowd of people.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will prevent anyone from attempting to follow Aibne. "He needs time. It's still too new to him. I'll make sure he's okay in a half-hour."

Odin will look at Krajk, and sigh. "So, I am trying to figure out Dworkin, this will not go well. I suppose he will be willing to make that announcement now... Unfortunately, the danger I am likely in, isn't something you can directly face."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Figuring out Dworkin is something most of us are trying to do. Sometimes he makes sense... sometimes not, or only in retrospect. It's not even clear if he likes keeping secrets - or just doesn't volunteer anything until you already know what questions to ask."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra watches AIbne go with a look of concern on her face but will give Rogbar a light touch and say "Thanks" in a barely audible voice before addressing the rest of the group. "I think Dworkin prefers to take a hands off approach to most problems that arise here, leaving the Courts to find their own solutions. I'd like to know his thoughts and motivations but...," she trails off looking frustrated. "Can you tell us of this danger or should we wait for Dworkin?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin raises an eyebrow. "That would be you*."