07.06m: Wallflowers

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

07.06m: Wallflowers

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Their excursion concluded, Rogbar and Jiga make their way back to the Ball. Leaving the baths, Jiga takes her time to really appreciate their surroundings that they raced past on their journey downward. That only lasts so long though as the long trip back upstairs and the slight awkwardness Jiga feels prompt her to speed her step a bit. As before, this turns into a bit of a race between them, though Rogbar has the clear advantage this time. Smiles on both of their faces, they manage to compose themselves appropriately before returning to the ballroom.

Rogbar quickly spots Aibne and the two walk over to greet his friend who is off to one side of the room. Jiga will curtsy slightly as they approach.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.06m: Wallflowers

Post by Rasanam »

Fjolnir zips off ahead; by the time Rogbar and Jiga are approaching Aibne, he's already perched nearby, slowly disassembling and devouring another bit of fish from the refreshments table.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne waves at the three of them, bowing slightly, if stiffly. "Good evening, Master," he says, folding his arms together. "You're not supposed to be here - what if you get caught? After the last debacle..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will look at the slight commotion. "I didn't cause that."

He will smile and continue like nothing is going on. "No, Jiga and I were having a normal conversation. She used to be a mercenary and I thought she might want to take a look at the company. Besides, I'm too stealthy for the guards to notice."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga follows Rogbar's gaze but since he doesn't seem too concerned, she remains calm. "Even if they did notice I think they'd have a hard time enforcing anything." She holds out one clawed hand to Aibne. "Hi, I'm Jiga. Nice to meet you."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Ah, Aibne Grand, Ma'am," he says, taking the hand and grasping the forearm, giving it a quick but vigorous shake. "I'm sure it isn't anything too serious," he says, musing a little, frowning slightly. "What can we do for you?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"No need for such formality. Jiga is just fine. As for what you can do for me, I suppose that's simply help me feel a little more at home here. I just arrived this morning with Lyra, Rasanam, and Fjolnir so I really don't know anyone else here though Rogbar has been quite the exceptional host/welcoming committee. He wanted me to meet you and hopefully eventually the rest of his Company."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will blush*, "It was nothing. She needed help."
Lunatic

Jiga smiles at him, cupping a wing around Rogbar and pulling him closer to her in a friendly, feathery hug. "And help he did. Though my need was no more serious than a lack of friendly faces in a new place. Perhaps you can regale me with tales of the Shadow Striders. Are there any others present this evening?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I don't believe so," he says, tilting his head quizzically and hiding a small smile*. "At least, I haven't seen any, other than Master Rogbar, and a ball like this isn't the kind of thing most of the Company would actually enjoy. I'm only here in the first place because they wouldn't let Grind in, and he's as bad with it as any of the stories I could share about Master." His smile grows larger, ducking his head lightly, obviously not meaning to offend Rogbar, before continuing. "No, we're simpler folk than this... although Magister Laeryn might have done this kind of thing once or twice." He pauses, thinking about it. "Actually he'd probably be far, far more interested in the fish. I don't think he'd stop until he got his hands on one!"

-----
*He approves! Very, very, very approving. It's nice to see Rogbar with a female he's not going bug nuts over.