07.06i: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 2)

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.06i: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 2)

Post by misfit »

"Well, in uniform, that would have to be me...unless more Cani made it to Amber when I wasn't looking. For now we'll assume not. How may I be of assistance?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys briefly explains the offer of training she made, and then adds, "Now, while that was directed initially at the Amber city guards, I was quite careful in my phrasing - and was referring to Amber as a whole. Ideally, I'd like to have members of all four courts represented in both the instructors and trainees; foster a bit of unity by pairing people up with those from other courts..."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Cheknou's ears perk up. "Well it's about time! Things were in bad shape when I arrived here, and we haven't been able to get ahead of it. Finding time for training will be difficult. It may mean taking a half step backwards before we can start moving forward, but worth the price in the long run. You can count me in. I'll give you whatever assistance I can. I can most certainly help with the arms training. Who knows? I may learn a few things along the way myself."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Good to hear that! And yes, time is an issue, but less of one than it could be - Oberon has volunteered to find a suitable location out in shadow, so I anticipate the initial training will be done by the next new year's celebration, instead of the five or six years I was initially expecting."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Cheknou is clearly crestfallen when he hears that. "Shadow? A year? I wasn't expecting that. Won't that leave us even more short-handed here?"

Obviously that is a concern for him, but equally obviously he's bothered by something unspoken as well.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Which is why I'm limiting it to a fifth of any given guard group at a time, and intend to make sure that some of Ht'gon's mercenary groups are on call during the first few months, to help with anything that might otherwise get out of hand. Once the first group makes it through training, I can send most of them back, keep a few around to help train the next, and cycle out any of the original instructors who might want to return to Amber. So, call it about two and a half months of 'half step backward', and then each group that gets out of training will be a full step forward..."

_____
And, unless I managed to accidentally address it in the above, Alys is likely oblivious to whatever Cheknou's unspoken concern is...
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Cheknou's ears perk up as his Cani hearing catches a commotion. "Forgive me. Duty calls." With that he sprints off in Harrune's direction.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys backs off, looking around cautiously. She's not focused on the apparent emergency with Harrune, though - obviously whatever's going on there is being dealt with by competent people. Instead, she's looking for anyone who looks to be taking advantage of the distraction or using this opportunity to slink out of the room...
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

And that would be Kizak, attempting to head away from the noise. he ducks into one of the side passages that leads to the city portion of Rebma. (This should continue off the dance floor.)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys spends a bit longer looking around - Kizak's actions, as someone who just got here, aren't that suspicious.
...But he's definitely interesting, and it's a good excuse to get out of the ballroom for a bit, so once she's confident that anyone who wanted to take advantage of the distraction would have moved already, Alys takes the opportunity to slip out while nobody is looking.*

_____
* Or, well, nobody without at least ranked warfare. Details, details.