07.06g: Underwater Ball (to Restore the Spirit)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.06g: Underwater Ball (to Restore the Spirit)

Post by Joshua »

"As I said, perhaps a not-date is better. Sometimes, that is what people need." Rogbar will shrug, and continue making sure you're well groomed*. "Where I come from, love overcomes all. Magic was invented in order to assist. No matter who you fall in love with, it will work out. Perhaps I just have not found the right one. I worry that such things do not work here."
________
*: Rogbar is being kind, nice and gentle. Thus the Tao of Rogbar: The only way to date Rogbar is to not date Rogbar.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Jiga looks a bit surprised. "Well, I think you'll find the right one, don't worry. You're really nice and obviously know how to treat a lady. I like the idea that love can overcome all. Sounds like a very Eilistraee saying. Just keep being yourself and that certain someone will take notice."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"But, I am a man of danger. I waded into a field of carnivores roses to find the perfect gift. I have endured blistering winds, freezing ice, scorching deserts. I have climbed high towers and fought guardians that people would fear to name." His fur bristles. "But, just saying that... how can I expect anyone to believe me? One believes what they can see." He shivers, and takes a moment to start grooming himself. Which makes it obvious he's still missing tufts of fur from whatever rose incident he was referring to.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga shifts over to regard the state of his pelt. "A rose did all that? That's...one scary rose." Turning to face him, she says, "The right person is able to see all of you; to see through the surface to your inner thoughts, emotions, and desires. Yet still not forget that the face you show to the world is still an important part of who you are. This is a hub of worlds, a special place, so I'm sure the right person is either out there or will find their way here and find you. You sir are an incurable romantic. You're not allowed to waver in your faith in the power of love." She seems a little embarrassed at that, realizing she's sounding much more like Lyra than she'd like to admit. "At least that's what I see in you, the inside shapes the outside." With a pause she smiles. "I think you might have needed this more than I did."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will settle into basic friend mode for a bit... I really can't think of anything that important to add, and unfortunately, other threads are not going to go through this part of Rebma. So, maybe a little fast forwarding?
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

That's what I was thinking as well. After a nice long relaxing bath, they'll both towel off and dress. "You mentioned some excitement before. Should we return to the ball? I'd like to meet your friends from the Mercenary group if they'll be there. Or did you have other entertainment options in mind?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will think. "Unfortunately, I suppose the ball would be best. Aibne is still a little awkward with his position, and it would be a good chance for you to talk to him." To that end, Rogbar will make sure that you're both fully dry before heading back to the ball. (in a bit I think threads need to catch up.)