07.06e: Underwater Ball (Guarded Conversation)

The goings on of courts
NPC
Needs a Guide

Re: 07.06e: Underwater Ball (Guarded Conversation)

Post by NPC »

Corystes clicks her jaws, "It is always useful to have those who can take care of day to day matters. Why would one be unhappy about delegating such tasks?"

_____
Corystes
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Well I can't speak for everyone, but I think that I've come to know Harrune well enough to know why it would make him unhappy. He likes helping people. He likes to be able to step up personally, lend a hand, and know that he's made someone's life a little better. For instance right now I'm hearing that he's planning on taking some merchant's son into the Shadows to help him somehow. I haven't heard the details. Handing the task off to some else always leaves him feeling a bit...disconnected. He'll always wonder if he could have done more...done better. I'm concerned that people will bring him too many little problems and he'll feel the need to tackle them all...to the point where he starts to ignore the bigger issues. On some level he knows he can't help everyone, but part of him will always want to try. If we start making sure the less important issues don't reach him and he finds out he'll fell a bit...cheated I suppose, like we've stolen that opportunity from him. In some ways that makes no sense, and in others it does. In the end, it's Harrune being Harrune."
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

"Interesting." Corystes clicks quietly for a bit, then looks toward the dance floor and adds, "Still, if neither of us are officially on duty, it would perhaps be appropriate to partake in the festivities..."

_____
Corystes
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Cheknou bow deeply. As he straightens he offers his arm. "I would be delighted. Please, lead the way."
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

Corystes does exactly that. ((And I think that's close of thread, unless you want to move them out onto the dance floor and continue the scene. But I'm running out of things for Corystes to say.))

_____
Corystes
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Me too, so letting them fade into the crowd is fine. We can always pull them out later if we need them.