07.06: Underwater Ball

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.06: Underwater Ball

Post by misfit »

Harrune will approach Cameron and his guest. "Pardon the interruption, but we never got a chance to meet the last time you were here. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Harrune Tharassa Tyrnath Reran, of the Court of Tir-Na Nog'th. Unless I am mistaken, but you be Cameron...but am at a disadvantage regarding the name of you companion."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

(Cameron's continued introduction moving over to http://www.silverinsanity.com/forum/vie ... 4004#p7960
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Alys, Aibne and Priscilla leave the room for privacy.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

((As noted here, Ossian and Darnell are both present, even if their arrival wasn't noted.))
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam spends some time dancing with various locals (from here), and ends up off in a corner, deep in technical discussions with assorted Rebma mages.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

While it's not essential, it may be useful to know that of the major players (Amberites and people from the deck), Dworkin, Quin and the three guards are the only ones not at the party. Also of note, Odin isn't here yet either.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Some updates of where people are in the ballroom:
The Raven is making out offscreen.

All Dance floors are the same actual floor, just different conversations:
Darnell and Harrune are in Dance Floor 1.
Morgana and Grind (or perhaps Lyra and Rasanam if they want to grab that thread back) are in Dance Floor 2.
Osmund and Cameron are in Dance Floor 3.

Most PCs who are not here are coming back shortly.
Most other NPCs are either at the refreshment table or dancing. They haven't been declared anywhere, but they're here.

And, to keep things moving, Dworkin and Odin will take this time to arrive together (and fairly late at this point). They will find their own out of the way table, as Dworkin does not have a major announcement about Odin just yet. (Feel free to make a thread for it, or ask me to.)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys, Aibne, and Priscilla return to the ball.

Alys breaks off from the group, and spends some time talking (and dancing) with the assorted Rebma nobility present. Anyone paying attention with a decent psyche and warfare will note that she shows a definite preference towards those with combat training of some sort; that seems to be more important to her than gender, and far more important than race.

However, the next noteworthy scene is when she swaps partners and ends up dancing with Cheknou.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

((For reference, Lyra was last active here, and the quote is from here.))
Lyra wrote:Just to clarify Lyra's location and current activities, if Morgana takes a break from dancing, Lyra will engage her. Otherwise, she's content to be arm candy for her husband for a bit and does her best to follow their magical discussions.
Eventually, Rasanam's discussion with the local mages trails off into variations on the theme of "That's an interesting question that requires further research," and Rasanam starts paying attention to his surroundings again.

"Oh dear," he comments to Lyra, "I hope that wasn't too technical for you. I can give a better explanation later, if you'd like. For now..." He wraps his wife in a hug, adding, "Perhaps another dance? Or... I don't recognize the man Dworkin is talking to; perhaps we should go see what he's up to..."

((Suggested name for thread for talking to Dworkin and Odin: "Mixed Messages".))
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra happily snuggles into the hug but glances to where Dworkin and Odin have been conversing. "Sure. That's Odin, the one Alys warned me about earlier. I think he's been meeting with Dworkin in private for most of the day. I'm quite interested in what that was all about. Shall we?" She extricates herself from Rasanam's embrace and, taking his hand, leads him over to go speak with them.