07.03x: Refuge of Dreams

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.04?: Refuge of Dreams

Post by Joshua »

"Chaos... My father always liked the strange names. Probably because he was a representative of the Clans of Chaos." Nate will think. "I am concerned that is the name for him you got. Perhaps the time has not been good to him. Perhaps he was devoured by ... Something. If he is still alive, he may very well be insane. I would be cautious if you choose to seek him out... and be very careful who you let know you are from that... Pattern."

(OOC: I'm not sure if there's much more to do here... Nate can speak of portents and warnings, but he really doesn't know all that much about his father or heritage.)
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra looks a bit surprised at Alys' unusual use of shapeshifting. "Yes, that's the tree." Turning back to Nate she continues, "He seemed sane enough to me though my time with him was quite brief. I'd like to think that, considering who he is, that it wasn't the Pattern showing me his image but that it was actually him somehow. I think, even if we don't seek him out physically, it would be good to try and make further contact." Lyra sighs. "We're not going to solve all of these issues in the few hours we have here. We need to make sure the time controls work properly and I'd like to grab a few of our friends to return with us. Oh, How is Scion's daughter? We could take her with us as well if that would make things simpler on you Nate."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Anniah is doing quite well. Although she's going a little stir crazy. On your next visit, you shoudl probably deal with Scion... It's also possible this pattern of yours could be used to awaken or alter the wonder of magic." Nate will state.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"At the very least, the army of constructs guarding Rath should be rather less dangerous to us now. That might actually be something we can deal with in the time we've got now."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"On second thought, maybe not - he caused a lot of problems the last time he was out and about. Better to wait until either we have more time to deal with him afterwards, or you're awake and active, I think."

((OOC: If people want to close this scene, I'd suggest the following results: Anniah (human mage) and Jiga (tengu rogue) both volunteer to head to Amber, probably along with a few of Rasanam's apprentices (I've got names written down somewhere!), and will need write-ups in the minor NPCs thread. The three gnolls Daag, Lokr, and Hurk are unimaginative and will go if ordered / told they should, but otherwise stay where they're at. If they're offered - which would be up to Lyra, since Rasanam wouldn't think of it - we'd probably get several drow (mostly male) and a handful of dragonkin from the city Dra'Varden. Other than that, Rasanam will volunteer to stick around for a bit longer - he'd been planning on spending the morning in Amber preparing spells, doesn't have anywhere to be until the meeting with Harrune, and if he stays here & in fast time, he can prepare spells and start work on getting Nathrezell out without destroying Dra'Varden. I think a reasonable declaration there is that, if Rasanam and Lyra come back after the ball in Rebma and stay for the full night in Amber-time, then Nate can be extracted with minimal damage to anything?))
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

That sounds reasonable. Lyra definitely wants Jiga to return with her. The gnolls can likely remain behind at least for the time being. This way we can move on to other meetings freely and do further investigation once Nate can participate.