07.03x: Refuge of Dreams

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.04?: Refuge of Dreams

Post by Wyvern »

Alys focuses on bringing up her particular sensory ability for a bit, and then looks at Nathrezell. And then looks through him, before shaking her head. "This place is as real as any outside of Amber or the Labyrinth; I cannot see you through it. Even those attuned to the Pattern," she gestures at Rasanam and Lyra, "are only sufficiently more real for me to see them within... I would guess a mile or two."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks up as the sensation of power fills the room from... whatever it is that Alys is doing. And then pulls out a notebook, checks a few calculations, mutters "This really ought to work..." and brings up some sort of Power of his own. ((Lyra and Alys should recognize this as Pattern; OOC, Rasanam thinks abilities like Pattern Lens and Pattern Teleport logically ought to exist, but can at the moment only manage Pattern Defense.))
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys blinks at Rasanam. "Unless you're doing that," she adds. "Right now, I could see you through at least a fair chunk of this shadow. ...Can you see through that at all, or is it just a defense?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam shakes his head, and drops the focus on Pattern. "Not yet. I could when I walked it, but I haven't been able to replicate that perspective."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra turns back to Nate, watching his expressions while Alys and Rasanam experiment. Feeling left out, she decides to join in and shifts into a hyrbid dragon form, being careful to hike her dress up slightly with the change so her tail won't destroy it. Thankfully, the open back presents no additional complications with the wings. She gives Rasanam a smile though it's clear she's a bit unsteady changing like this without magic. Then, turning back to Nate, she asks, "If we get you out of here, we might be able to try to locate your Father. After I'd completed the Pattern, I tried to teleport to him rather than back to Morgana. It didn't take me to him but to someplace a bit unusual. It was a road along an island and there was a tree at the edge and then nothing. Does that place sound familiar to anyone?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Nate takes a look at the powers displayed. "That... seems possible." He shimmers a moment, attempted to check something with shapeshifting, but it seems to fail. "So, that's pattern?"

"No, that doesn't sound familiar. I've never been there, and it's been a while since my body has been awake."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Yes... I can't do very much with it, yet. Certainly not all - or even most - of the things she," Rasanam gestures at Alys, "thinks it ought to be able to do. But that could just be a matter of time and practice."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Nate will nod. "I may need to come out of retirement. This seems worth seeing." He shrugs. "Perhaps you could check on the city before I go... or ... maybe we should just evacuate it and let them rebuild."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"We should have..." Rasanam looks over at the controls for a moment, "...Most of a day before anyone back in Amber even notices we're gone? I'd like to at least take a look, see how much effort it would take to get you out without damaging anything. And, speaking of possibly time-sensitive concerns, there is presumably still that whole mess with the Adversary possibly breaking out, and whatever ritual Scion is planning... those may not be quite as large scale problems as I'd thought before Dworkin showed up, but that doesn't make them less of our concern."
Last edited by Rasanam on Mon May 26, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys looks thoughtful for a bit, and then holds up her left forearm, the flesh twisting and splitting apart until it resembles a tree. "This?" she asks Lyra.* "I was not certain at the time, but if that is as far as the Pattern was willing to send you, then I think it marks the border between shadows of Amber and shadows of Chaos. ...Not that it is quite that clean a transition, mind you, the shadows near it are nearly half and half, and there are some bits of Chaos all the way in Amber itself. For that matter, I would not be surprised to learn that the Pattern's influence carries as far in the other direction - but I did not know what to look for when I was last there."

_____
* I've double-checked with the GM, and this is in fact the same tree.