07.04b: Black Horse Race

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.04b: Black Horse Race

Post by Wyvern »

"Thank you for coming, Lyra. This is Krajk; apparently Odin hired him as a bodyguard from... somewhere closer to here."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Well met, Krajk." Turning to the closed door, she remarks "Dworkin must be in one of his talkative moods."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rolf will return with a short missive for Krajk. It's a basic letter (from Odin, and with appropreate royal crest) instructing him to meet Odin at Rebma for the ball, and stating that Odin will be safe until then.
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

Krajk quickly reads the short letter, giving the final section (where the signature and seal presumably are) almost as much attention as the rest of the letter. Once done, he folds the note back up and tucks it into a belt pouch. As he does so, his posture shifts slightly - it's not relaxation, precisely, more a refocusing of attention or priorities*. "Well," he says, "it seems I have a few hours of paid leave. Who would like to keep a watchful eye on me under the guise of giving me a tour or showing me where the good places to eat are?" His tone and half-smile are sardonic, but it's fairly clear he's not particularly offended by the notion.

(*Assuming enough warfare to tell, he's just changed his focused awareness from "myself and Odin" to just "myself," with regards to threats.)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"That was more or less why I asked for Lyra to show up - much like Ossian, I do have two minor matters to attend to myself, but they should not take too long. And between her and the Raven, you should be set for either a tour or fine dining. Or," she glances at the Raven, "Not so fine dining, if that is your preference."
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"I am up for either, of course."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Looks like people are trumping. Remember, you can only be on one trump call at a time, the others show up as blocked.)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys looks up suddenly, towards nothing in particular. Then, with a bit of an annoyed growl, she says, "Apparently one of those matters has come up now. I'll be back when I can."

And with that she stalks off, in the same direction that Ossian had departed in.
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

One eyebrow raised, Krajk watches Alys's irritated departure for a few moments before shrugging. "So... I'm a bit thirsty, that merchant was set to talk half the day away it felt like, and wouldn't mind a bite to eat as well. That being said, neither is pressing if you'd rather cart me around on a tour first."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"I see no reason why we can't start the tour of the Castle and surrounding area with some good food. Shall we?" Lyra looks to Raven and Krajk for a moment before heading off down the hallway.
(OOC: I'll assume that Lyra's found a few different establishments to her liking and will choose one with the best food without regard to how formal the setting is.)
As they walk, she'll fall into a bit of a tour guide roll, commenting briefly about the areas they pass. Between descriptions, she'll turn to Krajk and ask, "Are you and Odin planning on staying beyond the ball this evening? It should be an interesting affair."