07.04b: Black Horse Race

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.04b: Black Horse Race

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods to Ossian. "Go to your meeting; I'll see that this is taken care of."

To Krajk, she continues, "The waiting room is this way; it's a good first place to check. Somehow, I don't think 'ostentatious' would suit you, but I'm sure we can find something both appropriate and reasonably subtle."
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

"I'm sure we could find something, this castle seems big and fancy enough to have accouterments for just about any occasion stored somewhere, but the waiting room will have to go about its business without my assistance for the time being." The ghost of a smirk is still lurking there somewhere, around the corners of his mouth.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Ah, so you are affiliated. Or were you expecting your contract to expire before this evening?* I assure you, Dworkin is not quite so mad as to break hospitality."

Alys casually leans against the doorframe across from Krajk.** "Still, I'll admit to some curiosity. Rolf, would you have someone check if the coat room has clothing for either of our guests? Oh, and sending someone to find..." She ponders for a moment, "Either Aibne or Lyra, might be a good idea as well."***

_____
* Alys is poking fun right back at Krajk, here, by assuming that the reason he's standing around is to actually be in place to act as a bodyguard.
** I'm assuming the door opens inwards. This also puts her in place such that, if there's any chance at eavesdropping, she'll be able to do so.
*** This particular statement also translates as "If you're going to use Trump to accomplish this task, please do so where our guests can't see it."
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

At about this time, a with a formal jacket with a very... feathery... collar bobs down the hallway. Upon closer inspection, the feathered collar fluttering in the wind is actually a large Raven (this makes the coat seem much more reasonable.)

"You can have this outfit if you'd like... It's about your size."

With that, the outfit lands neatly on a nearby chair and the Raven perches himself on a low table. The Raven stares at Alys and the newcomer.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Assuming it's taken from the coat-room, it would indeed be 'your size' and of a style you'd actually wear. Assuming someone with 50 psyche and walk to abstract desire could find it.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys looks at the Raven, one eyebrow raised, and then at the jacket, and then back at the Raven. "I take it you volunteered yourself to check the coat room? And found clothing to suit Krajk, but nothing in Odin's size?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"I think the servant had said something like that. He had other matters to attend to* so i offered to deliver this for him. So this is Krajk? Nice to meet you Krajk, I am called the Raven."

* - Most likely the Raven asked the servant to do something for him instead
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

((Apologies for belated response, spent what feels like half the day searching the apartment for a kitchen gizmo it turns out I'd forgotten to pack from Dad's when I moved out two years ago. On the plus side, it gives me an excuse to have him ship more Cincinnati chili out. *grin*))

Krajk will purse his lips as he stares at the outfit. He then shifts his gaze to the Raven for a few moments. Finally, after the exchange between Alys and the Raven, he says, "Normally I'd prefer* something a bit more... grounded, but when in Remen**..." There might be the faintest gleam of humor in his blue-grey eyes as he says this, but it's hard to tell really.

(*The item so found still meets the criteria Josh mentioned, it's just that formal fripperies aren't something Krajk's interested in as a general rule. Whatever the outfit is, it's an acceptable compromise.)
(**Alternate universe-ization of "when in Rome". Apparently I was too subtle, edited the excised footnote back in. :-p )
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rolf will head off to find a few people, he's not going to get in the middle of this.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"I think you meant Rebma, but no matter." The Raven nonchalantly preens his wings. "So what brings you... two to this neck of the woods?"