07.02: Moonlight Tea

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.02: Moonlight Tea

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Well not all certainly...and you didn't exactly answer the questions. I don't really know anything about Nathrezell. I had been starting to try and research more about him but with the wedding and everything it got overlooked." Lyra pauses, senses alert to make sure they are alone in the room before continuing. "Is he similar to Alys? She called herself the only "true" dragon left." Turning to Rasanam she says, "Alys asked for that information about her to remain secret."
Last edited by ShadowOfPreservation on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam flips through his trump deck, after a few moments search turning up The Tower - a card labeled "Refuge of Dreams", depicting a shattered game board of some sort, floating in a starry void.
"Odd," he comments, "I don't remember seeing this one in here during dinner..."

He looks up again at Lyra's comment. "When was...? Oh, the trump call you made."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

After a moment's thought, Rasanam adds, "Do you suppose she might use a similar type of shapeshifting? I still don't understand how you do that without magic..."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"She seemed to think so. She called me a shapeshifter, as if that were perhaps a known power. She said she could teach me some of the strengths and weaknesses of what I've been doing so I don't hurt myself accidentally."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It is often thought of as a side effect of chaos. It comes from beyond where Pattern normally exists." Dworkin offers.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam takes a moment to think back over things Dworkin has said before - most notably the claim that he created Pattern and from it, all of reality.

"So you're saying that... there are places that exist, but aren't 'real'? What definition of 'real' are we using, anyway?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Existential inertia." Dworkin will say. "You get a feel for it with enough practice."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"The tendency of a thing to remain as it is... without an energy input? Or am I oversimplifying?" Rasanam contemplates his cup of tea. "So... in a place that wasn't 'real', a cup of tea might turn into something else if I stopped paying attention to it?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Overgeneralized. The tea exists because it is the tea you are looking at." Dworkin offers. "Some are real enough to not need an observer. Once you walk the pattern, you no longer need to be observed."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I suppose, if you think of it as... the degree to which you cast a shadow vs are a shadow." Dworkin will continue. "To be honest, it's all analogies anyway. Ways our perceptions can cope with what is really happening. You get used to it."