07.01m: The Seventh Winter (Not a Jolly Elf)

The goings on of courts
Veyska
Lunatic

Re: 07.01m: The Seventh Winter (Not a Jolly Elf)

Post by Veyska »

"I find that a lot of the difficulty lies in the... the 'shape' of the pieces, if you will. It's not simply enough to try and meld two spell segments together, they need to be tweaked a bit to connect better. Otherwise it's rather like wedging a square peg into a round hole - it can be done readily enough, it's just not worth the effort unless it's the only option available. I'm still fiddling now and then, trying to see if there's a balance somewhere in there between custom-designed pieces, which might as well just be built as a single spell in the first place, and a couple variants on each module, like how a hammer is a hammer but a blacksmith picks a specific one for each job."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

As the conversation dives into arcane concerns, Alys excuses herself and heads for Morgana's table*, idly munching on a cookie as she goes.

_____
* Link to be edited in once I'm sure where I'm linking to; there might be a link to the Corner Table thread, or this might segue more directly into Shadow of the Mountain.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra smiles to Alys as she leaves and then does her best to follow Her husband's discussion with Asai. While an apprentice of magic, theory has never been her strong suit. Eventually, having noticed that dinner seems to be winding down, Lyra will seize on a lull in the conversation to mention this fact. Taking Rasanam's arm she says "Perhaps we should make our way to Tir Na Nog for tea. If you have no other plans, I'm sure you'd be welcome to join us Asai."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

((Sorry for belated response, combination of indecisiveness and getting distracted "kidnapping" a local friend for dinner last night. <-< ))

"Hmm. I have a few things I want to poke at before I forget or more likely get distracted..." Asai blinks a few times and then brightens. "Perhaps I can show up later and steal all the tea biscuits?" She grins.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Sure! Though I may leave early to join Alys but I'll play that one by ear. It's been wonderful meeting you and I'm sure we can speak more later even if it isn't over tea this evening." With that, Lyra and Rasanam will likely rise and make their way to Tir Na Nog (unless Rasanam has any parting words to add).