07.01m: The Seventh Winter (Not a Jolly Elf)

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.01m: The Seventh Winter (Not a Jolly Elf)

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods, and slips his left arm around Lyra's waist.

"Greetings, Darnell, Asai. And greetings, Lady Alystrakos; I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but welcome to Amber." He holds out his right hand for Alys to shake.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Thank you. It is... an interesting place." Alystrakos smiles at Rasanam and shakes the proffered hand. "And please, no need for formality; you may call me Alys."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell will nod and smile. "So... It is interesting to see what groups will end up forming. And which ones will cross courts." He will smile. "Alys, did you still have plans for after dinner?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods. "Apparently Oberon thought it very important* that we investigate some matters of security; I expect to be occupied talking to various guard groups for much of the night. After that, I do need to meet with Morgana and Lyra in private... but that is as far as my plans extend for the moment."

_____
* This roughly translates as "Oberon decided I shouldn't kill Rogbar**, but was very polite and indirect about it."
** By insisting that Rogbar show up to a sparring match after suffering grave injuries from a rampaging corsage. Or allowing Rogbar's pride to insist that he show up to said sparring match.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai finishes off the last bits of her salad, fastidiously chasing down even the tiniest bit of remaining fruit or lettuce. Before she can give any (focused) thought to joining in the conversation, she spies the servants beginning to serve dessert cookies. Somehow several of the cookies from an approaching tray manage to appear on Asai's plate well before the waiter arrives to deliver the oven-fresh dessert. Any desire the servant might have had to respond or even express anything other than confusion (however brief) is forestalled by Asai's utterly perfect look of innocent, harmless animal... a look which is spoiled moments later by her pleased smile as she takes a bite and then asks the servant to pass her compliments on to the chef.

((Wyvern asked for a repeat of Asai's cookie theft from the previous incarnation of the game, and so that's literally what he gets. Copy paste ftw! ;) ))
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"I'm still not used to this fine food", Lyra admits, taking a bit of a cookie. Her face lights up at the taste and she breaks off a small bit, feeding it to Rasanam. "These are wonderful!" Turning to Alys. "It seems that my evening plans have changed slightly. I plan on attending tea later in Tir Na Nog so that I may speak a bit with Dworkin. However, I'd still love to get together afterwards as we discussed. Or, if it seems more convenient, early tomorrow perhaps before the tour."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Certainly. We'll work something out."*

_____
* I'm not going to go into details trying to re-plan anything, because it has become clear that Alys' plans, at least, are liable to change abruptly in the near future. Again. She doesn't know it in character yet, but avoiding slowing the game down with detailed arrangements that I know will be disrupted, seems to me to be an appropriate use of metagame knowledge.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell frowns. "I might have to sleep tonight." He grumbles. "Well, best be fresh for tomorrow. I will have to show up when you need me the most. Although, Quin likes doing that as well. Maybe I'll find out his secret of how he does it." He grins... "Regardless, if you need me, please, trump me." He will say, with... a lot more innuendo than you'd think possible with those words.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Sleep is overrated", Lyra responds with a smile, only catching that Darnell might take that as innuendo after the words have left her lips.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Indeed," Rasanam comments, apparently oblivious to the innuendo, "Far less time for interesting activities. Speaking of which, Asai, how goes your work on spell modularization? So far I've found it to be an overall impractical approach - faster to design the spell, but slower to rack, and by enough that it's of questionably utility for even a one-off spell you never expect to prepare again..."