07.01m: The Seventh Winter (Not a Jolly Elf)

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.01m: The Seventh Winter (Not a Jolly Elf)

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shrugs, and changes the topic. "So, what do you think are the immediate ramifications of this?"

She gestures with her trump deck, to give context to the last word - a motion that, at its extent, is matched with a burst of rainbow colors as Asai appears, balanced momentarily on Alystrakos' outstretched hand before dropping neatly back into her chair.

"And welcome back, Asai."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai gives Alys a cheerful smile before picking up her salad fork and taking a bite of the salad she'd shuffled aside a few minutes earlier. Noticing that Ossian's enchanted fork is still present, her eyes narrow almost imperceptibly, but at least for the moment she makes no other comment.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell will observe, "Well, I've been careful not to let mine out of my sight. But it is nice to not spend a few days traveling from here. It does allow for faster responses to things. And I wouldn't be surprised if Dworkin could shut them down."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods. "I would hope so; otherwise they represent a bit of a hole in the moat he's set up around Amber. Convenience is nice, but I am happier with a defensible location."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra walks up to where Lady Alys is conversing with Darnell. "Lady Alystrakos, a pleasure to meet you in person. And good evening to you as well, Lord Darnell. You certainly know how to make an entrance. I hope I'm not intruding. I mainly stopped by to give this to Asai." Lyra hands out a piece of parchment to Asai, depicting her curled up with a good book, thoroughly enjoying herself. Moonlight pours in through the window in the reading alcove. Filtered through the stained glass, it creates an interesting pattern across her fur.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Setting down her salad fork, Asai gravely takes the proffered sketch. She spends several moments inspecting the parchment, front and back, even going to far as to sniff at it. Then, with a lightning change of (outward) mood, she smiles cheerfully at the half-elf. "My thanks, Lyra! I shall have to figure out where to place this in my quarter's sitting room, after supper." With a twirl of her fingers and a single muttered word, the feline conjures a scroll case and deftly rolls the parchment up before sliding it inside.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods politely at Lyra's greeting. "Likewise. I look forward to working with you."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam starts to head over from the corner table.

((Placeholder post; doesn't seem quite the right point in the conversation to arrive, so Rasanam is still in transit for now.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell will look over Asai's shoulder and will say to Lyra. "That's a good picture. We still have to make time for you to pose for my art. I can't say it'll be quite on the level of Rogbar, but it has been a while since I've drawn such beauty. And Beauty that appreciates beauty would be interesting."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Why thank you!" Lyra says cheerfully. "I only started drawing recently when I began helping out my husband with design work. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I do. I hope I didn't give Rogbar the wrong impression. He seems a bit...excitable. I just thought what he did was sweet, that's all. I'm not sure I'll be able to set aside too much time to pose for something formal but I know my husband always carries extra supplies on him if you're feeling creative. I'd certainly like to see your work." Lyra turns as Rasanam makes his way over. "Ahh, I see he got lonely without me. Everyone, this is my husband, Lydre Rasanam."