07.01j: The Seventh Winter (Dinner with Dragons)

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.01j: The Seventh Winter (Dinner with Dragons)

Post by Wyvern »

"Well, for a matter of state security... but if it's so important as to cost me my evening's entertainment, then perhaps we should consider conducting a surprise inspection tonight, instead of - or in addition to - a more formal tour tomorrow?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon will nod. "I suppose I could have a worse reason to stay up late. Very well."

Rogbar will finish his meal. "If you will excuse me... I am going to make sure my company is doing well tonight." He will stand and limp over to the Shadow Strider table.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods politely as Rogbar leaves, and then adds, "Though I'll want to get this rose," she reaches up and re-ties a few knots the flower had managed to slip out of, "properly contained, first."

"In the immediate, though, I mentioned I might join Ossian's table for dessert, and it would be polite to follow through on that..."

Alys notes the degree of focus Asai has on the rose in her hair, and adds, "Would any of you care to join me?"

Edit: Continued here.
Last edited by Wyvern on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

((Apologies for brief silence, grumpies about Amber mechanics segued into getting repeatedly distracted. Rawr?))

"Hm, well if the live entertainment is elsewhere it seems meet to follow," Asai will comment cryptically, and politely bid farewell to those still at the table.

(Continued in Not a Jolly Elf, for both Alys and Asai.)
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra makes her way across the ballroom floor, her path leading her to the same destination as Dworkin. As she crosses the room, the subtle music that has been permeating the room throughout the Winter Festival brings pleasant memories to mind. Smiling to herself, the half dark-elf twirls as she makes her way forward, her rich purple gown swirling around her. Her impromptu dance turns her to smile back at her husband for a few moments before she continues on.

Approaching the table, she hangs back for a moment, pacing her progress so as to arrive at a convenient lull in the conversation. "Lord Oberon, Mr. Hart, and of course Dworkin", she greets them all with a curtsy and smile turning to the jolly elf of a man. "I just wanted to make sure to catch you before you left and thank you for the gift and hope you might have a few moments to speak with me after you're done handing out presents."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will nod. "Of course. Meet me for tea after dessert, I'll be in the astronomy tower in Tir'Na Nog'th." He will smile, "But for now, I need to give a few more then I should eat something myself."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Of course, I'll speak with you then", Lyra replies as she addresses the others. "Gentlemen, if you'll excuse me." With a curtsy Lyra turns and, as before, takes a circuitous route back to her table that brings her near where Lady Alys is conversing with Darnell and Asai.