07.01j: The Seventh Winter (Dinner with Dragons)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01j: The Seventh Winter (Dinner with Dragons)

Post by Joshua »

Oberon shrugs. "I haven't talked with her about it."

Galadrian will think. "Last time I talked to her about conjuration, we did discuss empowerments that would last. Not sure if the focus was immortality though. I personally asked about shadow travel."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Hm... on the topic of travel... you said you could find mages. What about sea serpents? Specifically, ones that can follow paths through shadow on their own power, are big enough to tow a ship, and smart enough to take training?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon thinks and observes, "Finding sea serpents that can travel through shadow, is about as difficult as finding people who can. The closer you get to Amber the less likely they are to keep that ability. Basically, we're fighting our own moat. What we need is some kind of bridge over the moat. Although..." He sighs, "If Ruben were here he could tell you what happens when you get out to sea. It gets easier to shift when you are physically away from the city. And sea serpents could swim that faster than our boats can. I think..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Right, I'd read something about that; don't the mages doing transit spells have to get a fair distance away as well? Regardless... I'd be wary of trying to 'bridge the moat' - better to have that breathing room there when someone tries to invade. The issue is more scale of transport - one way or another, we need to be able to import - and export - on a larger scale than currently is the case."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon will smile, "Does that mean you're planning on staying, mi'lady?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"For at least a few centuries, yes; I owe Dworkin that much. After that, we'll see."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Eyes twinkling, Asai comments, "A trifle in exchange for a trifle, hmm?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Exactly. Indeed, I'm not sure he even knows what particular trifle was involved - and personally, I'm just as happy to keep it that way."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Galardrian will laugh. "Dworkin is much more likely to know something he's not supposed to than something he should." He will pause... "At least, that's the rumor out in the city." He will look a little more nervous if people don't at least smile. "Not that I believe that. Such would be treason."

Oberon will laugh finally. "At ease friend..."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"And besides," Asai says cheerfully, "people are much more likely to remind you about things you should know than things they think you shouldn't know. Clearly knowing the latter is far more useful than the former."