07.01a: The Seventh Winter (Lounge of the Giant)

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.01a: The Seventh Winter (Lounge of the Giant)

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

As Lyra and Rasanam approach, Lyra takes the lead, drawing the focus of attention to herself for a moment as she addresses the group with a polite curtsy. "Did I hear talk of trade agreements? That sounds intriguing. I've done my fair share of negotiating back home so perhaps I could assist." She turns to address Morgana specifically and curtsies.

"Lady Morgana, it's so good to see you." Lyra turns to the others present. "And well met to all of you as well." Lyra smiles at each person in turn as she curtsies again. "I'm afraid I haven't had the pleasure of meeting all of you. I'm Lydre Lyra and this is my husband Rasanam."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam bows to Raven, forcing Fjolnir to take flight. "My apologies; Fjolnir is not always the most polite of company."

Fjolnir moves to a perch on the rafters, and mutters something under his breath.
(Edit: Those with particularly sharp hearing will note that this particular something is directed at Rasanam, and that Rasanam is entirely polite enough - or perhaps just used to Fjolnir's sharp tongue - to completely ignore it.)
Last edited by Rasanam on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will nod. "Lyra is the one to talk to about trade. I'm more the spiritual advisor to the fort." She will say to the ... short... man? gnome? "And that will let me finish my conversation with Raven, if that's okay. Perhaps by one of the fires?" She will ask, gesturing to one of seven fireplaces blazing hot.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"I'm sorry for interrupting your conversation but I'd be happy to speak with...Ayum Aurun was it?" Lyra gives Morgana a smile and subtle wink. She places a loving hand on Rasanam's shoulder and leans over to give him a peck on the cheek. "I shouldn't be too long if you want to stay and get to know these other fine people."

Continued in Fireside Negotiations.
Last edited by ShadowOfPreservation on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will look relieved as Lyra and Ayum move elsewhere, feeling a bit better with the smaller crowd. "Sorry... uh... what were we talkign about? The cold... Yes, I helped install the draft resistance. The whole place should be warmed without draft. It keeps the worst of the winter outside."
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven requires very little prodding to move to a warmer location. "Yes. Much better. I suppose the question of the day would be 'Why is there a ball today?' Secondly, what is it like in Ht'gon An-rit ? I haven't been there yet, unfortunately."
Last edited by The Raven on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It is the sixth anniversary of the creation of the universe. The start of the seventh year of Amber." Morgana replies. "And you'll see ht'Gon in two days, or we can stop by there later, if you wish. Each of the courts has a celebration this week."

With a little prompting, she will describe the fort of Ht'Gon in general terms, before explaining, "We mostly have dwarves and orcs there now. It was odd of Dworkin to group such traditional enemies together, so things have been strained."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam pulls out a pad of paper and starts sketching as he follows along.

Once it's clear that Morgana is no longer bothered by the number of people around her, Rasanam asks Raven, "Out of curiosity, what sort of weather are you used to?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"Due to my condition, I cannot say for sure." The Raven ponders. "However, I can say that I'd certainly never experienced 'snow' before."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Quite the gap in your education. Say... has anyone introduced you to the concept of a 'snowball' yet?"