07.08g: Elements of Tea

The goings on of courts
Tor'Salen
Mostly Sane

Re: 07.08g: Elements of Tea

Post by Tor'Salen »

Darmascus: "Jousting you say? I will need to look into that, has been awhile since I participated in a joust of any worth. Assuming it will be such of course. What do you say Quin, is it worth my time?"

Lanara throws Tor a death glare: "I'm not spending my time in Amber as a horse," she growls.

This gets absolutely no response from Tor who waits patiently for Quin's response.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"That depends. If you can get a time when Oberon or Nuall is around, you should be entertained. I think Lady Alys would also be interesting as an opponent, although I'm not sure if she's used to jousting. I am not sure how skilled you are. If you wish, I could arrange a short test to see." Quin looks quizzically at you for a moment... "Yes, I'd need a proper test, but I think you'd need an amberite to be entertained. Although there are a few castle guards who might offer a proper diversion. Although I could be misreading you."
Tor'Salen
Mostly Sane

Post by Tor'Salen »

Lanara: "Well they're busy soooo guess no jousting for us."

Darmascus: "I would be interested in seeing what skills are possessed by Amber's guard elite. It would at the very least be something of a diversion while we wait for Dworkin to be available."

Lanara: "I'm sure the guard elite are likewise busy doing other things. Right Quin?" Said more as a statement than a question.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Quin will eye Lanara... He heard a statement.

Lady Nia will return and bow to Darmascus... "If you would like, as an associate of Quin, Anriki would be willing to give a private or exhibition match at your desire. He is almost done..."

The four games are coming to a conclusion. Two of them are clear wins for Anriki. One is a close win, but is not settled yet. One seems to be a loss, although it is far from settled.
Tor'Salen
Mostly Sane

Post by Tor'Salen »

Tor takes a sip of tea in contemplation for a second: "Very well." He says simply.

Lanara looks like she wants to say something, then considers the time such a match might consume, the fact she just annoyed Quin, and the likelihood he probably has the pull to fetch those guards. This prompts her to wisely decide to cut her losses and keep her trap shut for the first time since entering Amber. You win this round... This round... Muses inwardly now to the dark depths of her naga mind, concocting who knows what plans for the future...

OOC Note: Prior to the night before Lanara was far better behaved. For those whom interacted with her previously.

OOC Note two: Tor is harder to read, and not purposely putting himself out there like Lanara is, for whatever purpose she is doing so, thus his posts are a bit more reserved and bland currently. Plus, well, he finds the idea of holding a serious conversation with a jester a bit awkward. He'll get over it.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

After a bit, the four games are finished... Anriki wins the first two by a decent margin. The third, he squeaks by, earning a victory, but not passing the gambling spread. The fourth, the one he looked like he was losing, there is a surprise (well, to anyone but Tor anyway, the opponent walked right into that...) upset that causes almost 1/4 of his opponents pieces to be removed from the board. This not only earns him a victory, but also beats the primary and secondary spreads of the gambling involved.

He bows to each in turn, and there is a low applause. Before he walks off, Lady Nia approaches him, and whispers. The tanuki removes his blindfold and gazes up at Tor... He will nod in acceptance of the challenge. A second board is being prepared in the 'arena' of the zen garden, with white and black go stones.
Tor'Salen
Mostly Sane

Post by Tor'Salen »

Darmascus removes his cloak from his shoulder with a snap and in almost one swift motion it is folded neatly into the shape of a mat with his symbol on top perfectly centered which is tossed to almost effortlessly float down to land where Darmascus is to be seated. Not a moment after the mat lands, seemingly almost by magic* is Darmascus seated at the table upon the mat, his hand leaving the top of his tea cup, which he sips from once before saying calmy. "You may keep your eyes, I will face you as you are. I also choose white as my color the advantage is yours should you accept it. No lead is necessary.** He takes another sip as he patiently waits for either a response or the board to be finished being set.

* He jumped over the side and landed in the sitting position. His skill is just enough that his timing and landing are flawless so that to the eyes of anyone not directly watching him it he would be apparent in their vision for but a moment of the actual drop.

** To anyone unfamiliar with Go rules. Black goes first, this is considered an advantage, and sometimes the person holding the white color is awarded a point lead to compensate. Tor has offered the tanuki the advantage and refused any compensation of points for accepting the disadvantage.
Jocas
Mostly Sane

Post by Jocas »

Celeste sips her tea, and listens, and comments quietly to Lanara and Quin, "He does like to show off, doesn't he?"
Tor'Salen
Mostly Sane

Post by Tor'Salen »

Lanara sips her "tea": "Something like that..." She then leans in and whispers to Quin and Celeste: "I would like to humbly apologize to you both for my behavior. Darmascus and I had a bit of a falling out last night and what you are seeing are the aftermaths." Sips her tea again looking down at Tor with a strangely predatory and affectionate smile, tail rattling very slightly. "I think I'm winning though..." She says cryptically and the smile widens.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Anriki bows to Tor, and observes him for a moment. He then makes a strong opening play.
(OOC: Sometimes, the first player will make an intentionally weaker play to compensate for going first. In some conventions, the player will go first, then the second player will either take the play as his own (and become black) or allow it to stand and play (as white). While it is rude, such is not offered here.)