07.08d: Pattern vs The Shapeshifting Demon of Chaos

The goings on of courts
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.08d: Pattern vs The Shapeshifting Demon of Chaos

Post by coldcandor »

Solten gladly accepts the offered hand. "A pleasure to meet you. It's good to see a happy reunion around here. I take it you are an Amberite from one of the previous walks? Sadie and I are very recent."
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie's tail wags heavily as she also takes her turn to shake hands. "Just walked it a few minutes ago actually. Me anyway. It's truly a pleasure. Did you make her?" Gesturing to the songbird. "And if you don't mind my asking, what kinds of projects? Human creations have always fascinated me." Her questions have the feeling of a puppy (well or any dog really) excited at the prospect of playing ball or going for a walk. The smile and fascination on her face as she watches the songbird flit about is almost childlike.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Jocas
Mostly Sane

Post by Jocas »

Jocas nods to Solten - a silent "yes" in response to his question.

Sadie's question, by contrast, seems to merit actual conversation. "Yes, though... it doesn't seem to be working quite right here; something's making the gears seize up. The music box still mostly works," Jocas twists something inside the bird, triggering a few seconds of bell-like melody, "But the articulation..." he shrugs.

"Other projects? Well, I have one of them on me." Jocas puts the bird away, and detaches his sword & scabbard from his belt, pulling the sheath back to expose a few inches of the blade. "This is Balmung; it may not look like much, but - put enough force behind it, and Balmung will cleave through weapons, armor, even stone, without so much as nicking the blade."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie's eyes widen: "Ooooh looks shiny. I made a weapon once out of a ballista once. It's destroyed now though. Nothing much only had a short amount of time to make it starting with a standard ballista. Was a personal ballista with with thick long barbed poisoned tipped bolts that injected acid into it's victim by hiding two vials of very corrosive acid under the barbs so they'd survive entry and shatter inside the body. Was for dragon hunting. I have designs on a better more improved weapon though.we should go over it at some point. Thinking a personal crank based gatling ballista. Sort of a portable turret."
Last edited by Sadie on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny grins at Jocas. "I look forward to catching up. And no, I've not heard anything of Alinara."
Jocas
Mostly Sane

Post by Jocas »

Jocas smiles back. "Perhaps after this meeting? I'm sure Vikky would appreciate being present for that."

He also returns his blade to his side, and, almost absent-mindedly, pulls the mechanical bird out of a pouch and resumes tinkering.

In response to Sadie, he adds, "I've found such devices to be finicky at best; they don't tend to work well outside whatever realm they were designed for. Still, I think I might have a few things with me that you might find to your taste - perhaps you'd be interested in a bit of archery practice later?"
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"Well I'm not really a fan of bows. I want something with a trigger I can point and shoot. I may not be able to get a gun to work here, but I figure with enough work I can create a really powerful crossbow instead. Probably end up with a really big crossbow. Most likely more like a crossbow assault cannon I suppose due to size. Actually with my strength I could combine the best of both worlds... Imagine this... Basically two double great crossbows on top of each other with an angle slide repeater cartridge for each slot. Down the center you have a handle that can be pulled back... You know what, now's not the time..." Pouts, ears drooping.
Jocas
Mostly Sane

Post by Jocas »

"Mm," comments Jocas, as he takes a seat nearby - spreading out components and bits of mechanical bird over an adjacent chair as he continues to work. It's fairly clear he's still listening, just, didn't think that warranted further speech on his part.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon will walk in. "Jocas? Hey!" He will head over and give the smaller* man a hearty slap on the back, possibly causing issues with some delicate work. "Haven't seen you in almost 3 years. What you been up to? Did you find the time you were looking for?"

------
*: Very slightly smaller. Actually, Jocas might be bigger, they're both bear-like men, but Oberon projects size more than Jocas.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"After this meeting, certainly," Renny says to Jocas, nodding as well to Oberon.