07.08a: Draconic Affairs

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.08a: Draconic Affairs

Post by Wyvern »

Thank you. Actually, I was just heading to Ht'gon - would you mind pulling me through?

OOC: Assuming Morgana does so:

Alys vanishes in a rainbow of color, leaving one possibly confused guard behind... along with Tinder, who circles around a few times with a plaintive whine before dashing off again.

In Ht'gon:

"Incidentally, I've resolved the issues with Kizak - it turns out the shadow he comes from has some rather unfortunate practices; apparently they could boost their shapeshifting abilities by eating other dragons. Which makes his reactions at least understandable." Alys shakes her head. "Such a thing wouldn't have worked where I come from; hopefully it won't work here, either."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I hadn't heard of it before, so I'm guessing it's rare. But you do find all kinds if you walk far enough." Morgana will greet you and is currently in the throne-room / grand banquet hall. It is undergoing preparations for the evening's festivities. "Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris this is Ni'Tymik, who I mentioned."

The purple scaled fop-like dragon currently has his wings folded as a cloak. "Greeting's mi'lady. Tim will do... Where I am from 'Ni' means bard or more precisely skald, if you know the term. Morgana mentioned you, but failed to explain your beauty." He will attempt to kiss the back of your hand greeting, in full courtly style.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"A pleasure to meet you, Tim." Alys will match Tim's greeting with... well, as much of a curtsy as one can manage in her current attire.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Morgana told me that our pasts don't truly matter here, but If you wish, I could compose something..." Tim will smile, "I'd need a proper interview for that, however..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"I've heard some of the songs people have composed about me; it's not a collection I'm particularly interested in adding to. Perhaps when I've enough history here to form the basis of one..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Of course..." He reacts smoothly, "I have heard a little bit of a threat that you faced. Not more than 'something' happened... Perhaps at lunch, once I am shown to my quarters? Unless, you could help me find them."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys rolls her eyes, but says "As it happens, I'm headed that direction anyway." She turns to nod to Morgana, "By your leave...?"

Assuming there's nothing else Morgana wants to talk about right now, Alys will start to lead Tim off towards the guest quarters, explaining as they go, "I'm currently occupying one of the guest suites myself - given that my permanent quarters are still in the design stages. But I'm afraid anything here for lunch is unlikely - I have some business out in the city, and wish to take care of that earlier rather than later."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"What good news, I have yet to be to the city. Perhaps I could walk with you. I suppose the festival would be the place for lunch. I've heard good things about fennel cake." He smiles, "I don't think my gold coins will quite work here, but perhaps a little barter. How are dragon's received here?"

Unlike your quarters, his temporary quarters are sparse. Apparently whatever creepy "find things you'll find familiar" method of decorating that was used takes a personal touch.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"That sounds like a plan." Alys heads into her quarters - not explicitly inviting Tim, but not barring him from entry either; she's intending to add clothing, not remove anything she's already wearing.

Which means it's probably safe to assume that following takes place while she's picking out an outfit for going to talk to the mage guild.
"My tour yesterday got cut a bit short, but did include the merchant's guild; if you want to talk to their moneychangers while I visit the mage guild, I can certainly give you directions." Alys shrugs, and considers a crimson tunic decorated with artistically placed patches of golden "scales".

"As for reactions... so far I've mostly seen just curiosity, but I've also stuck mostly to this form, so," Alys takes a sidelong glance at Tim, "I suspect we may be about to find out?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I could cover it up with an illusion, if you think this is a bit much for the full city." Tim will bow and thumb through his (rather full) coin-purse. "Then, I insist on the festival. I have not been ice skating in some time and if you have not been, it's quite fun."