07.07h: Seating Area 2

The goings on of courts
User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Joshua » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Now it's Kizak's turn to attempt to gnaw his arm off... Clearly terrified at the demand he submit to being devoured along with Alys' latest conquest. He's desperately attempting not to show it, but is failing miserably. He is starting to inch away, ready to bolt at any sudden motion.

Lane looks a little caught in the headlights... and stares at the back of Alys' hand. "Uh..." He hesitates... "We're not normally allowed..." He pauses, "You seem... slightly..." It's hard to tell which is off-putting him more: the idea you're with another woman, the idea you're drunk, the mere act of kissing a woman anywhere or the thought he can be executed for refusing the offer.

Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin
Posts: 2219
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Wyvern » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Alys blinks, clearly annoyed... but also clearly in too good a mood to go for the "execution" option. After a moment, she declares, "Well then. I grant you special dispensation to show proper respect when introducing yourself to royalty."

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Joshua » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Lane sighs, defeated, and leans down to kiss Alys' hand, clearly uncomfortable.

Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin
Posts: 2219
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Wyvern » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:58 pm

As Lane leans down, Alys' other hand flicks out - this would be the sudden motion Kizak was watching for as a signal to bolt - and comes up with a thin book, obviously of religious significance. Over Lane's head, Alys lets it fall open, revealing a distinctive unicorn-backed card stuck in the middle - a clear signal for "Okay, whatever spells you've got ready, use them now."

User avatar
Sadie
Lunatic
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 am

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Sadie » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Priscilla begins casting her sleep spell as directed.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Joshua » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Lane flushes red. Not embarrassed, more red-hulk... His body also seems to start radiating heat. With an odd echo to his voice (it sounds like a dozen people talking in unison), "If Lane dies I'll be very upset..." His movements are quick, easily on par with what Alys just did. The move is leverage based, ending up with Alys on the floor, arm painfully held rigid, the book and card dropping neatly into Lane's free hand. He starts looking at the card, thin trails of blood coming from his nose and ears.

Kizak tenses, hesitating a moment with the sense he's in over his head.

Priscilla and Quin's spells, while they'd be perfectly effective on Lane, don't seem to affect whatever is currently inhabiting his body. Quin shifts to a more offensive spell, which unfortunately, is taking a bit more to cast.

Morgana, on the other hand, decides information is the better course of action and invokes a diagnostic Conjuration. (Empower self, Amber only, with the ability to perceive magic. No lynchpins, but needs sorc and conjuration.)

Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin
Posts: 2219
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Wyvern » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:47 am

"So sorry..."
Alys twists around with an audible snap as her arm breaks; as she does so, there's a flare of light (and puff of smoke from what used to be a very expensive gown and is now so much ash) as she transforms to her true form (for those too lazy to click the link, imagine anthropomorphic velociraptor, with wings, but made out of white flame & obsidian). She grabs Lane's arm (the one he'd been using to pin her), and then kicks out with both feet - aiming to disembowl the possessed priest.
"...To upset you, then."

The marble floor under her cracks, though it's not clear if that's Newton's Third Law in action, or the sheer temperature involved. Probably a little of both.

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Joshua » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:57 am

So, Lane is too busy focusing on the card to notice such small things as disembowelment, or when a rather large black newfoundland (Sadie in dog form, remnants of her shredded dress clinging to her), rips into his other arm (the one holding the card) which also dislocates.

This is cut short by the flash of light as they all "trump out."

(OOC: unless Renny does something... in which case time weavels!)

User avatar
colomon
Missing Some Marbles
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:50 am

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by colomon » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:05 pm

If Renny can see this from where she is, she's sprinting over here as fast as she can, given the environment and getting a trump call herself. Don't think she'd be able to do anything to stop this, but she'd probably join the pile tackling Lane if she can.

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Joshua » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:15 pm

(For the same of simplicity, the trump call slows you down before you can get here. Trump call will be in the dance thread..)

Quin pulls out a trump of Dworkin. "This is awesome," he grumbles. "Morgana, can you get Alys? Did you see what trump that was?"

Morgana will draw Alys' card, "No, not really. But he was dangerous. Looks like we'll have a debriefing afterwards. Make sure Dworkin scans the whole room this time."

Post Reply