07.07h: Seating Area 2

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Wyvern »

Father-Confessor Lane is collapsed near a table, resting where Renny left him. Morgana and Kizak (and possibly Priscilla?) are attending; the discussion is quiet, but perhaps a bit strained.

And, several minutes after following Quin off stage, it is to this scene that Alys returns - waiting silently at a polite distance, clearly curious what has transpired in her absence, but unwilling to simply interrupt.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.07h: Seating Area 2

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Time weasels have eaten the thread. Apparently, lack of sleep = forgetting to check a few things. Easy fix though.)
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Priscilla heads to Alys with a look on her face that says whatever outcome came out wasn't what she expected. Once she gets there she jokingly solutes. "Priscilla reporting in, Sir!" (said quietly, but with appropriate precision and emphasis) "The news I bring is not what I expected. I assume you desired more an investigation into the gentlemen himself for suspicious activities rather than concern for his health. His health however seems to be more Morgana and Kizak's concerns currently. The cause, however, of his apparent discomfort is itself suspicious. It seems there was a spell boosting his metabolism to the point of... well... treating his insides like a marshmallow at a campfire."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

(OOC: Assuming we're far enough away - and talking quietly enough - that there's essentially zero chance of Lane overhearing. Partly so I can write up some exposition so at least other players know what's going on in Alys' somewhat-paranoid head. Why yes, I did just update her quirks.)

"Mm. So we don't know if he actually got anything off Lady Ranait, and are still pretending we don't know what's up. Fair. That it was just a booster spell, though... that means he was an active participant, not simply a tool used by Odin or Oagthach. Which means he's probably also faster and harder to catch than Oagthach was; certainly if I was setting this up, I'd put my best on the grab, not the distraction. If he's still here... either he didn't get anything, or he's hoping to bluff it out. ...And I put Morgana in range for a second attempt, didn't I?" Alys sighs. "Can't be helped; have to have someone making sure he doesn't just walk out of the room and vanish."

"And, while I'm sure I could take him in a fight... just stopping him from running?" Alys mutters to herself, her concentration clearly elsewhere, "Here with all this water? Not a chance. Maybe a pre-emptive strike? Don't need more blood on my claws, though, especially if we don't have proof yet. A sufficiently strong sleep spell, maybe? Worth checking if Quin or Morgana has one ready. ...Where did Quin get off to anyway?"

After a few more moments of concentration, Alys sighs again. "Can't See from this range. I'll have to get try getting closer... though..." she glances down at her glove, where she'd tucked Solten's card out of sight, "Even that might not help."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"I... I do. Have a sleep spell prepared that is... you know... just in case." Awkward smile. "Every girl needs to be able to defend herself and well... Enchantment type spells are my specialty. I've been trained by a powerful sorceress, sooo if he's vulnerable to sleep, that is something I may be able to handle. It's not a spell with much range, but it's quick and really it's enchantment so subtlety is a key part of every spell. I can do this if it comes to it. I am yours to command. Well for the moment anyway... I still belong to my Lady Sadie of course."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Quin most likely walked out with Alys, "I could do it. Although, it won't stop him if he starts to trump out."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"If he's already trumping out, then we've lost this round anyway - so, if you can pull that off from here, before he has even a chance to realize he's under attack, go for it."

OOC: Assuming that the reaction from Quin is something like "No, need to be closer", or "He'd notice if we start casting and could bring up focus on trump before the spell hit" or the like. Because, well, if we can just shut him down from here... that's rather anticlimactic, really. Still, if he can, then ignore remainder of post.

"Then I'll go see if I can distract him and remove any cards he has prepared for rapid departure. Quin, let Morgana and Dworkin know what's going, then..." (OOC: details of plan excerpted, because I don't have even chaos rank warfare. It may involve Quin sneaking up on Lane while Lane is watching Alys. Or it may involve Quin staying the heck away. To be determined later.) "...Oh, and just in case," Alys makes a small flourish, and hands Quin a small silk bag, "Hold on to those for me, please?"

"Priscilla, you're with me." Alys puts an arm around the selkie, and heads for... the refreshments table, where she picks up a goblet of something strong, cold, and served with ice. By the time the two actually approach Lane and Morgana, Alys is "clearly" a bit tipsy - leaning on Priscilla for support, and her face slightly flushed (though it's somewhat hard to tell, given Alys' naturally dark skin). With any luck, Lane won't regard her approach as a threat - at the very least, it's a better chance of that than if Alys had approached normally... (See: Alys' quirk, "Obviously Dangerous" - she's making a deliberate attempt to suppress that, and appear... if not exactly harmless, at least not like she's actively stalking Lane.)

"Milady Morgana." Alys detaches herself from Priscilla, and manages a curtsy, though it almost spills her drink. "You wished to speak to me?"
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

While getting drinks, Priscilla's mannerisms turn a bit more flirty with Alys, noticeable so if Lane were to notice. While her physical mannerisms are being flirty she explains to Alys. "You're a pretty scarey person, the only way you won't appear not only scarey but scarey while now lacking inhibitions is if the inhibitions you are displaying a lack of, are of one, the nonviolent sort and two as far away from the person you are trying not to scare as possible."

"So, take a drink and start flirting back, and by the time we're near him I expect you to be flirting hard. As in pretty obvious you're only there because Morgana asked for you, and have definite immediate plans to be somewhere else... If you catch my meaning."

"We should be doing lots of giggling and playing. Also as you give off a predator vibe, it's you who should be giving me those obvious I'm going to sex you up type looks."

"Your motivation is this, I'm a cute, vulnerable and amazingly adorable selkie aide who's been playing lap dog to you for awhile now. After the nice massage and such you've decided to see how far you can push the current arrangement. By the time we get there, you have me backed into a corner and are ready to pounce me, jump my bones, ravish me or all of the above. Take your pick."

"As such even while talking to Morgana or whoever, your attention should keep refocusing, even if in short temporary bouts back to me. Other than Morgana who's presence you tolerate because it's expected of you everyone else basically doesn't exist and any attention drawn to them is obviously an annoyance quickly ignored for far better more pleasurable and in all sorts of ways gratifying pursuits."

"You should only acknowledge them when/if you think you can get a giggle out of me or impress me, thus turning them in to a prop for your conquest of the poor vulnerable little selkie girl. This is likely where you're distraction occurs. He's supposedly a priest and in a lot of religions, same sex relationships, as well as such open displays as we will be showing are frowned upon and even if not, the humor is still there and ripe for the plucking. I'm also known for being a bit of a fashion snob so feel free to try and impress me with positive details about his suit or by pointing out the things that are wrong about it. At all times it must be clear it is what he is, or what he's wearing that's getting your attention and not Lane the person, after all he's irrelevant while I'm a sexual gold mine waiting to be plundered."

"Speaking of plundering, it is possible though risky to pull a fashion critique on him, and in our drunken state get handsy with his suit under that guise. If we do go there, that particular outfit has potentially several places that could hold hidden compartments as well as easy access objects. (rattles off several she's observed while around him, as well as which ones she's noticed him being more fidgety towards)

"Main points, You can't hide that you're a predator or dangerous, if you tried you'd fail horribly and all attempts would be misinterpreted in ways you would not enjoy the whole plan would fall apart and chaos would ensue. So the whole point is to convince Lane with half truths. Truth one, you're a predator, like any good predator once you have a target, you maintain your focus on that target. Truth two, you are clearly on the hunt. And now the falsehood, I'm the incredible appetizing and sexually mouthwatering prey you're hunting, and Lane is nothing more than an annoying bystander and prop at this point to help you net your sultry seal. Of course if that's your thing, there's nothing saying that has to be a lie either. But in this case he might be my prop instead." She winks. "Showtime." She finishes before Alys can respond, and gestures in Morgana's direction as she drags Alys that way leading to...

"Milady Morgana." Alys says while (reluctantly) detaching herself, managing a mostly, but not quite perfect curtsy, and almost spilling her drink in the process, (causing Priscilla to mostly fail to stifle a giggle while her perfect curtsy is ruined by said attempted stifle.) Alys' eyes shift slightly to Priscilla and gives her a predatory suggestive smile (Causing Priscilla to blush almost nervously so and bite her lip ever so slightly) then turning her focus back to Morgana. "You wished to speak to me?" Trying her hardest not to have a goofy grin. (Or more correctly for Alys trying her hardest to have that goofy uncontrollable grin)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

So, Lane is definitely looking very cagy. He's a 5' 10" or so priest with a nine-foot ogre and similar size dragon looming over him. He has been insisting he's fine, just a little flush from the excitement. When Alys and Priscilla (and Quin) return, he is definitely trying to (metaphorically) gnaw his arm off to get away from the group.

Morgana will blink a little at the odd greeting, "Uh yes. I wasn't sure if your issue with Kizak earlier was a long term problem or not. Is this something we need to go outside to talk about?"

Lane will try to creep away at that. "If I'm not needed..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Ah... not, I hope?' Alys flicks a sidelong glance at Kizak as she continues, "Though that might not be a bad idea..." - her expression and tone of voice adding the obvious subtext of 'you know, we could make this a threesome...' (OOC note: Kizak probably has enough psyche - and knowledge of what prompted his and Morgana's presence - to know that Lane is very much the priority target here, and all the rest of the conversation is really just smoke and mirrors. But both he and Priscilla may be slightly dismayed to realize that the implied offer Alys just made is entirely genuine.)

Lane is, to all appearances, totally ignored until he starts to move. But movement snags Alys' attention, at least for a moment. "Oh! And who is this? I don't believe we've been introduced." Alys holds out one hand, with that regal 'you may kiss her highness' hand' sort of attitude.