07.07g: Workshop Outside Space

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.07g: Workshop Outside Space

Post by Joshua »

Not that Dworkin lives in Davinci's Workshop... but that's a good place to start.

The workshop is both cluttered around the corners and empty in the middle. Mostly because it's about the size of a football stadium, and split into multi-level platforms the size of football fields. Almost everything is open to the cathedral-style ceiling, and anyone with any knowledge of architecture can tell that the ceiling is impossible.

There are flying machines, war machines, and other stuff mixed in (like a diving bell). Papers and drawings are everywhere, one entire platform is dedicated to portraits.

The "landing area" (from the seating area) is a raised stone dais, with a moderately sized seating area. (Most of the furniture is 'normal' wooden chairs, but there is a recliner, a beanbag, and some other, odder, experimental designs.)
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.07g: Workshop Outside Space

Post by coldcandor »

(OOC: I feel I must ask... Do we all pas through upside down?)

Upon passing through, he'll reclaim some of the wonder from the adventure in Sadie's shadow, look around and and murmur a simple "Woah."
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: The upside-down thing is only for the trump to your home shadow. No other one currently functions that way.)
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall glances around, unsure what to make of pretty much everything there. He will more or less follow the group, but he'll get distracted by things...a lot.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai guides her bubbled captive to a halt a few feet to the side of the "entrance", and then rises up onto her hind feet to better see around the room. Her eyes are bright and her tail gently flicks from side to side as she takes in every detail she can without exploration or meddling - permission for the former hasn't been granted and she learned her lessons well about the latter, even if that was back in her home shadow with far lesser spellcasters...
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

NPCs arriving are: Odin, the water elemental thing (in the cage) and Oberon. The others remain at the ball.

Dworkin is the last to arrive and the gate closes when he does so. I'm letting people show up, if they want.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"So, Odin, I think you wanted to start." Dworkin will prompt.

Odin will hesitate just a moment, and then gesture at the acid elemental, "This is Oagthach... My handler..." He will growl a little, "And he's not supposed to enter Amber..."

If there's a delay after that, Oagthack will add in a voice that sounds like water splashing, "That wasn't Amber..."

That draws a very angry glare from Odin.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall's eyes narrow at the exchange, but he doesn't speak.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

For the time being, Solten will cross his arms and frown at Odin and the elemental, looking more annoyed in general than angry at the two of them. There's never time to enjoy the wonders on these little adventures.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin sighs, "I have no idea what he's doing here. And unfortunately, he is my safeguard for this trip. So, I have to ask for his release. Although, Oagthach, I also have to demand that you do not come into the city. Especially after today, I think it's safe to say that would cause problems." He will look towards Oberon, "Did you have any demands?"

Oberon looks between everyone. "Don't take my form."

Dworkin will offer, "You could have attempted to trump him. These tricks won't fool the cards."