07.07c: Dance Floor (Section 2)

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.07c: Dance Floor (Section 2)

Post by misfit »

"No my friend, I have not been to Rebma before. I am new to Amber and have yet to spend a proper amount of time exploring. It can all be a bit overwhelming taken all at once. I have yet to find my place here...if I truly do have a place here. Either fate or Dworkin's scheming has brought me this far. I shall just have to see where it leads from here."

"You think that Odin might be trying to 'set us up'? In what sense? Setting us up to be the most skilled pair of dancers on the floor perhaps?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Furusi will raise an eye-ridge. "Well, I just assumed he would drop me off with someone... Into..." He trails off before finding the word, "Fishermen..."

He will blush, his skin turning a deeper blue-green. "I mean, I kind of assumed with letting me lead...."

"If you'd like I could show you around mi'lord. I think Nemo might even have a water-lung we could borrow, if you need... not to imply you do... just... if you can't otherwise breathe water." He's cute when he backtracks... The shark-teeth (2-rows!) do their best to ruin the impression though.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall raises an eyebrow. "So Odin is branching out in matchmaking now? It is always good to have hobbies."

"As for liking...fishermen, to be honest you are the first I have ever met. A mere candlemark ago I did not know people like you existed. The experience is too new for me to know for sure. I gather then that Odin believes that you are...into.." he trails off before finding the word "poppinjays."

"I will be honest my friend, I do have business to attend to this evening. That has occupied my mind so that I have not thought of ...other diversions...this evening. How I shall feel after that business is resolved remains to be seen. I fear that if that is your goal tonight then you are most likely wasting your time with me."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, he's right... Although I guess if there are only two like us at the party, we'll be put together no matter how strange the pairing." He sounds relieved. "Still, if you would like a tour later, even a normal one, I wouldn't mind. Perhaps there will be a ball where you are not as pressed."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"My friend, it is very safe to assume that there are more than two like us here. More likely Odin threw together the first two he came across. Or perhaps he was afraid that one...or both...of us had designs on him and was trying for a distraction." Nuall grins and winks. "Either way the sight of the two of us here will no doubt bring more out of the woodwork. I suspect that you will be approached by several before the night is out."

"As for a tour, that would most helpful. When I am ready for one I will most certainly check to see if you are available. "

By about this time, the dance will be winding down. Nuall bows deeply to his partner. "I thank for a pleasant dance my friend. Pray enjoy the evening. I have delayed long enough and duty calls."

With that Nuall walks off to the refreshment tables .
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Father Lane and Renny walk over from the entrance.

The father isn't a bad dancer, he has a bit of a stiffness that comes from a lack of practice, but he has a solid base skill that helps him make a good solid showing. Thankfully, it's a slower song.

"My invitation here was sort of sudden, as a representative of a church that shares the docks. It has been a while since I have asked anyone to dance." He smiles, "I hope your day was full of good things."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"It just flew by," Renny says cheerfully. "Is this your first vist to Rebma?"

OOC: What kind of music / dance is this? More specific than "slow", I mean.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: 2 hours of research into ballroom music later, I came up with my initial thought: "A slow waltz.")

"It is my first visit to the watery city. Definitely a different look, I'd love to explore, but alas, I cannot breathe underwater. I suspect that will be an issue." He will smile at you. "I know new religions are unusual, but mine teaches that the city must be healthy in order for the people to prosper. One reason why I mentioned the law enforcement earlier..." Lane will choose his words carefully, "It's also the reason I was following you. To observe the leadership of the city... And I must say, even by my orders standards, your intent is good."

He pauses, "I should thank Ruben as well. He's been instrumental in the dock looking the way it does. i must admit, the first time I saw a dock that wasn't my home shadow, I was appalled at the rats and violence. I have to say, as bad as the Amber docks are, they could be so much worse."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"A healthy city would be a good thing," Renny says. Inside she is making plans to find out exactly how he got his ticket here, if he actually has one. But she keeps a pleasant smile on her face and hides those thoughts behind the familiar motions of the waltz. "Ruben can be a bit rough around the edges, but I think his heart is in the right place."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Oh dear, what is that?" Lane will ask, and stop the dance to point to the side. (here or here)

There is a slight pause in reality as several scenes occur at the same time.