07.07c: Dance Floor (Section 2)

The goings on of courts
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.07c: Dance Floor (Section 2)

Post by colomon »

Actually, Renny would at least attempt to keep him dancing, as long as the music hasn't stopped -- if things are about to go down, she'd rather not draw attention. Meanwhile she is calmly and subtly scanning the room noting what could be used as a weapon in a pinch...

OOC: I'm not requesting you list everything that might be used as a weapon, just noting for the record that Renny is now on alert.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Oh, once Oberon attacks Oberon Renny will give up and stop dancing. She shouts "Ice?", but instead of trying to engage the water elemental, she scans the room -- this thing seems like a daft attack, but a pretty slick distraction.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Lane will cower behind Renny. "I'm not good with violence..." He will observe awkwardly.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The brief conflict (30 - 45 seconds or less) plays out and Quin's brief comment.

Lane cowers, close-by Renny. (Very close... like holding your shoulders with his hands, close. Like, checking to see if your dress has pockets close.)

When you turn back to him, his face is flush with embarrassment. "I'm sorry. I got scared. I've never seen a... uh... what was that?"
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny steps to put some proper space between then, while quickly, almost subconsciously, checking her pocket to make sure her trump deck is still there. Then she remembers she is trying to be civil and polite to this man she trusts less and less. "Some sort of shape-shifter, I guess," Renny responds with a wry grin. "I fear they didn't teach the taxonomy of magical creatures where I grew up."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The good news is that the deck seems to still be there, although it's hard to tell by touch.

"I'm sorry. I've never seen anything like that." His face is still red... "Would you mind if we sat down? I feel a little faint."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"It's too early for me to sit down," Renny replies, "but let me help you to one of the tables."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Lane will accept that offer and collapse heavily near one of the tables in the seating area. (Let's say Seating Area 2 if it comes up...)